Hazing?

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
It's about 3: 30 am in California and I'm working on my final paper. I am sitting downstairs in my apartment, and I can see out into the parking lot.b, 21b, 21I just saw a bunch of individuals walk by window about 15 minutes ago. There were like 10-20 of them and at first I thought they were people leaving from a party or something (in a single file line? on a Tues night?). It was strange but I ignored them and felt stupid for leaving the blinds wide open at night in a house full of girls.b, 21b, 21Then a couple minutes ago, I saw the same group of people walking back, except this time I got a better look. They looked like young men (college aged) marching down the parking lot in shorts with their heads facing down and their shirts pulled over their heads. I assume it's either fraternity hazing (I live in college town) or a really weird cult. If it wasn't hazing, then I'm kind of creeped me out, and I'm glad they didn't (or did they?) realize I was watching. This was obviously meant to be secret.b, 21b, 21It's been foggy and cold lately and those boys are probably freezing their testicles off. b, 21b, 21I've never been hazed and don't think that my body can generate enough warmth to put up with that crap. Any experiences?b, 21b, 21back to my paper...

Comments

• Hazed and been Hazed.b, 21b, 21Shit was fun. Since ive left Frats have been banned due to hazardous hazing.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I feel sorry for people who want to play a sport like Rugby at university and don't want to drink their own piss.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I am secure enough to not feel the need to subject myself to humiliating rituals in order to validate my existence by being accepted as part of a group.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I am secure enough to not feel the need to subject myself to humiliating rituals in order to validate my existence by being accepted as part of a group.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So i guess your not getting married. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-slowburner.gif" alt="" 21

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I am secure enough to not feel the need to subject myself to humiliating rituals in order to validate my existence by being accepted as part of a group.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21So i guess your not getting married.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-slowburner.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21DOH!b, 21b, 21(married with two kids)b, 21b, 21[bows head,slinks away]

• Frats - dumb or not...(another discussion) is one thing.b, 21b, 21Hazing is some real fusked up shit. b, 21b, 21I had fun but its some real evil military/sadistic/mind control/etc shit.b, 21b, 21And I heard at Black Schools/Frats, dudes could str8t up physically abuse you.b, 21b, 21That Greek shit held some weight back in the 80's. In these times its so antiquated.

• i was in a meeting this summer and could see part of a surgically corrected branding under a short sleeve shirt. ouch!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I have a feeling that if I were being hazed, I'd go Pvt. Pyle on a motherfub1[/b]cker, minus the suicide part.b, 21b, 21OK, so that's overstating it, but I would definitely take retribution. But I also don't have low enough self-esteem that I would put myself in a position to be hazed int he first place.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 But I also don't have low enough self-esteem that I would put myself in a position to be hazed int he first place.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The Low self esteem argument is bullshit.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 But I also don't have low enough self-esteem that I would put myself in a position to be hazed int he first place.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21The Low self esteem argument is bullshit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You think highly of yourself, therefore you would allow yourself to be physically, mentally, and emotionally degraded in order to win the approval of those degrading you? That somehow computes to you?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21The Low self esteem argument is bullshit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21You think highly of yourself, therefore you would allow yourself to be physically, mentally, and emotionally degraded in order to win the approval of those degrading you? That somehow computes to you?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I think highly of myself to make sacrifices in life all the time. b, 21b, 21Its just the concentrated version of what happens in real life. b, 21b, 21Newjack at the job gets shitted on until respect is gained.b, 21b, 21Boot camp is the same. Should our recruits go home and put their egos first when there told to mop horse shit or do pushups?b, 21b, 21Do u wear whatever you want to work? b, 21b, 21Im not saying its good or bad, but before the high horse shit comes dudes should really take a look at how hazing comes in many insidious forms.b, 21b, 21If I missed free throw in highscool the team had to run laps.b, 21If my serve was off I had do line-windsprints.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I was in a fraternity and played a sport in college and I must say my Lacrosse team hazing was waaaaay more hardcore than my fraternity hazing. It was hardly a fraternity anyway... just a bunch of party dudes... we ended up losing our charter because we had no involvement with nationals and never paid our dues.b, 21b, 21Both hazing periods simply involved massive amounts of drinking... it was wild, but no physical abuse and not demeaning in any way. Just an excuse to get totally hammered... we were college students after all... oh wait, not much has changed on that front img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• Soulstrut should start hazing.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Soulstrut should start hazing.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Start? Where have you been?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Soulstrut should start hazing.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thebreaks.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21example #25

• We should haze Batmon/Lucious Fox: A soulstrut thread he's not allowed to post in

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21We should haze Batmon/Lucious Fox: A soulstrut thread he's not allowed to post in
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Any Psych/Baseball/football/Wire thraed and youll be safe.

• Options
    ...or at least try to alienate people for listening to what they want, if it is not what we think is cool, or pricey.b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 a bunch of individuals
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21you sure?b, 21b, 21ChadMobb mentality

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bf2e70d8.gif" alt="" 21

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21So I guess you're not getting married.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-slowburner.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" 21

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Is this thread about weed?

• What are the benefits that go along with being in a frat?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I've never wanted to be apart of the fart house experience or seen hazing outside of the stereotypical Kevin Bacon "thank you, sir, may I please have another?" type of thing on TV, but there must be some sort of Freudian explanation for this behavior. I'm guessing that these are the same ones who pantsed and towel snapped their nude buddies in the high school locker room