Fusk Bush Christmas Ball

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! The final line is...... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21White House nixes impeachment ornamentb, 21Seattle ornament is only one of 370 for White House tree that is rejected b, 21b, 21Les Sterling / APb, 21In a photo provided by Deborah Lawrence, Lawrence holds the Christmas ornament she designed for the White House tree. The 9-inch ball is covered with swirly red and white stripes and features a picture of Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott of Seattle, a longtime Bush foe who backs impeachment.b, 21 View related photos b, 21b, 21 WASHINGTON - The White House won't display a Christmas tree ornament that calls for President Bush's impeachment.b, 21b, 21The ornament was made by Seattle artist Deborah Lawrence, who says she wanted to honor Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., a longtime Bush foe who backs impeachment.b, 21b, 21The nine-inch ball, submitted to the White House this fall, is covered with swirly red and white stripes and features a picture of McDermott. Tiny glued-on text salutes the impeachment resolution.b, 21b, 21First lady Laura Bush had asked members of Congress to pick artists to decorate ornaments for the tree to feature each congressional district.b, 21b, 21'Not very much in the holiday spirit'b, 21Sally McDonough, a spokeswoman for Laura Bush, called the ornament inappropriate. "I think it really is a shame and, quite frankly, not very much in the holiday spirit," she said.b, 21b, 21Instructions to the artists were very clear: to decorate the ornaments in a patriotic, red, white and blue theme, McDonough said. Lawrence's ornament was the only one of about 370 submitted for the White House tree that was rejected, McDonough said.b, 21b, 21McDermott's office said the congressman had no role in the design of the ornament that was submitted.b, 21b, 21"When the request came in, we contacted a local arts organization which selected an artist. We had no role whatever in the theme, design, etc.," said McDermott chief of staff Mike DeCesare.b, 21b, 21Lawrence, a collage artist, frequently combines politics and satire in her work. She told The Washington Post she saw the ornament as a perfect way "to highlight Jim McDermott because he's a hero of mine."b, 21b, 21"I was at first nauseated, then realized it was an opportunity," she said.b, 21b, 21 ^^^^^^^^^^^^b, 21 NEW LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b, 21b, 21b, 21I love Seattle artists!