Beverly Hills 90210- the original

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Just bought season 1 yesterday and can't get over how good it was/ still is!!b, 21I remember being obsessed with it when it 1st aired here when i was in grade 5 or so, and then again when we had re-runs here when i was in year 10!!b, 21b, 21Wanted to be Brenda, was in love with Dylan, is still hi-larious!!b, 21b, 21Funniest line i've come across (in episode 4), Brendan's about to loose his virginity to his ex g.f from Minneapolis and she asks if he has protection, his response: b, 21b, 21"That's always been my problem. Too much protection, and no one to protect!"b, 21b, 21I almost lost my drink!!b, 21b, 21P.s can't believe Djimon Hounsou was in the pilot episode as a bouncer!! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• P.p.s who else noticed brenda's lopsided eye (that was only visable when the camera shot into a mirror)? Can't believe they shot that way so often.b, 21b, 21AND, did beverly hills high schools ever really have valet services??

• i started watching it in re-runs 9 years ago. it changed my life.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    99.9% of folk have one eye higher than the other but for Shannon, it's a miracle they didn't name her "Isiah". I am glad she left "Charmed", more air time for the hotties.

• I watched the show during it's original run. I remember I gave up when they all got to college, because the plotlines all started to look like rejects from Dynasty. Nothing but people scheming to get rid of this character or outdo this other person. I remember I stopped watching Melrose Place around the same time for the same reason.b, 21b, 21Wonder what became of the black girl that was part of the "clique" on the first episode? They sure did away with her quick...

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    it's funny watching the new one and seeing all the old out of work actors from the original that they're throwing in there. f*ckin Joe E. Tata.

• Are the kids on the newer show STILL hanging out at the Peach Pit?

• Yes they are!! Only caught little parts of the 1st episode but brenda and kelly reunited back at the peach pit and gave nat a boobie sandwich!!b, 21b, 21Not a fan of the new series. it's just like gossip girl (which i actually didn't mind), that was like the o.c that was like the orig b.h but no where near as good!!b, 21b, 21Just confessed to my boy that my crush on dylan still lives.....i do remember being pretty disturbed when i saw his pepe in oz tho!! That was NEVER supossed to happen!! Crushes don't have pepe's!!

• I only watched it for... b, 21b, 21img src="http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/tiffani-amber-thiessen/pictures/tiffani-amber-thiessen-picture-1.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21There was one episode where the Jewish rapper kid had a college roommate who was into vinyl. His girlfriend (Claire) flipped through the collection, pulled one out, and with a stinky puss said, "Captain Beefheart?" Anyone have a clip?

• Some of the worst TV ever.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21There was one episode where the Jewish rapper kid had a college roommate who was into vinyl. His girlfriend (Claire) flipped through the collection, pulled one out, and with a stinky puss said, "Captain Beefheart?" Anyone have a clip?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, yeah, I remember that one too!!!b, 21b, 21If I remember correctly, the roommate was a few years older than everybody else, and Claire thought it was odd that he was STILL listening to vinyl when the rest of the world made the changeover to CD's...I believe Love (the band) was mentioned as well.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Some of the worst TV ever.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I know. That's why I loved it so.b, 21b, 21It doesn't hold up too well in reruns, but at the time that show was guilty-pleasure teevee in its' purest form.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I still can't get past "Michael" being in the new one. Still waiting for him to blast some fools for talkin' shit.b, 21b, 21The new one is pretty awful, but I guess that's what make people watch. I'm still waiting for the Brian Austin Green character of the new version - the show needs more of thisb, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21Donna Martin Graduates!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i think the first few season were aight. real teenage problems and angst. then the writers started running out of ideas and people were getting shot and kidnapped, and shit was blowing up....yeah right.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i think the first few season were aight. real teenage problems and angst. then the writers started running out of ideas and people were getting shot and kidnapped, and shit was blowing up....yeah right.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, that's what I was saying. As soon as it got to that point, I bailed.

• Okay. This thread has to end right now.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I still can't get past "Michael" being in the new one.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Which one was Michael?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I remember being stoned out of my gourd and seeing the episode where the Flaming Lips show up and play "She Don't Use Jelly." I was sitting there like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Also, there was Brian Austin Green flexing his madd DJ skillz, which I guess happened in several episodes.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Okay. This thread has to end right now.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/formpager3xk.gif" alt="" 21

• shouldnt this be in the "Trash that I rep hard despite what people think" thread?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Okay. This thread has to end right now.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Who died & made YOU king? Go watch [i]Nova/i1 or some such shit. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• Kelly Kapowski and Steve's date to the prom in the Donna Martin Graduates thing were the two hottest broads on that schitt. otherwise the regular cast members were pretty ehhhhh. I never understood Shannon Doherty's appeal as a sex symbol or an actress, the Kelly character was a generic blonde (zzzzz) and don't get me started on Donna, who was/is absolutely hurt.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember being stoned out of my gourd and seeing the episode where the Flaming Lips show up and play "She Don't Use Jelly." I was sitting there like
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Also, there was Brian Austin Green flexing his madd DJ skillz, which I guess happened in several episodes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ha ha, yeah, Steve said, "I'm into that alternative stuff, but this is good!"b, 21b, 21BAG used to do the Snoop wizard hands flapping thing on the mic.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember being stoned out of my gourd and seeing the episode where the Flaming Lips show up and play "She Don't Use Jelly." I was sitting there like
    b, 21
    b, 21Also, there was Brian Austin Green flexing his madd DJ skillz, which I guess happened in several episodes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Ha ha, yeah, Steve said, "I'm into that alternative stuff, but this is good!"
    b, 21
    b, 21BAG used to do the Snoop wizard hands flapping thing on the mic.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I seem to remember that the title character from [i]Parker Lewis Can't Lose/i1 was a would-be rapper as well...offscreen, not on the show.

• So what's the Soulstrut take on the semi-nerdy character who edited the school newspaper and crushed on Brandon?b, 21b, 21(...who, in real life, was in her thirties?)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Ha ha, yeah, Steve said, "I'm into that alternative stuff, but this is good!"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I seem to remember that the title character from [i]Parker Lewis Can't Lose
    /i1 was a would-be rapper as well...offscreen, not on the show.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Corin Nemicb, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21I ride for the first season of [i]Parker Lewis Can't Lose/i1. Shit was just the right kind of madcap zaniness for me.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I seem to remember that the title character from [i]Parker Lewis Can't Lose
    /i1 was a would-be rapper as well...offscreen, not on the show.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Corin Nemic
    b, 21
    b, 21b/w
    b, 21
    b, 21I ride for the first season of [i]Parker Lewis Can't Lose
    /i1. Shit was just the right kind of madcap zaniness for me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It's a f*cking crime that Parker Lewis Can't Lose isn't on DVD.b, 21b, 21I wanted a watch just so I could synchronize with someone.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21So what's the Soulstrut take on the semi-nerdy character who edited the school newspaper and crushed on Brandon?
    b, 21
    b, 21(...who, in real life, was in her thirties?)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21hmmm the nerdy Jewish stereotype. my biggest beef with her was that she was clearly too old to be in HS. if she was so smart, why was she still in HS in her late 20's?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I seem to remember that the title character from
    Parker Lewis Can't Lose was a would-be rapper as well...offscreen, not on the show. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Corin Nemic
    b, 21
    b, 21b/w
    b, 21
    b, 21I ride for the first season of
    Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Shit was just the right kind of madcap zaniness for me. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It's a f*cking crime that Parker Lewis Can't Lose isn't on DVD.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21corky/corin is immortalized in the Jump Around video and by the episode that happened with KMD that is reounted on Black Bastards.b, 21b, 21but yeah, a DVD is in order. is Kubiak still working post-ER?

• I thought [i]Parker Lewis/i1, as best as I can remember, was good all the way through. I don't remember much about the last season, 'cause Fox kept moving it around on the schedule and I actually thought it got cancelled.b, 21b, 21And just so it doesn't look like a hijack - didn't Parker's g/f Annie turn up on a [i]90210/i1? On the ep where Brenda decides to go back to Minneapolis to resume her old life? THAT'S when I figured [i]Parker Lewis/i1 was OVER.

• I recall Parker Lewis debuted the same season as a Ferris Beueller series debuted. Since Parker Lewis was basically a better, more imaginative version of Ferris Beuller, Ferris Beuller lost and was cancelled that season. now who played Ferris Beuller on the series....?