Flimsy French eBay business again

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
How come I paid for a record via PayPal to an unregistered PayPal member? I bought the record on eBay, got the payment instructions and the full amount has been taken from my credit card. The payment has not been booked though. It's been a month now. I can't start a complaint because the money has officially not been booked. PayPal took it from my credit card though? What's the hell? b, 21b, 21What is it about French eBayers? The seller doesn't answer. b, 21b, 21Who has my money? Him or PayPal? How come I can't cancel my payment? Somebody took it from me. I want it back. Can you help me out please? Should I call PayPal? Why don't they help me out online?

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    as bad as the experiences i have had on ebay and paypal, and as utterly disgusting as I have found their online service, I have to say that both of their phone services are far more helpful and hardly ever find me any where near the level of frustration i get from trying to sort out anything online.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    What with French ebay debacles, the ubiquitous Italian Postal strife and dodgy practices in the German re-issue game, tis a wonder why anyone still does business with continental Euroman.b, 21b, 21Give or take the odd issue with packing and grading as voiced by the occasionally anal and often pompous: Rule Brittania, I say. What!b, 21b, 21 img src="http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/f5fd6e35d598f1343ed6a961c04f659ab033d4ab_m.jpg"1

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21What with French ebay debacles, the ubiquitous Italian Postal strife and dodgy practices in the German re-issue game, tis a wonder why anyone still does business with continental Euroman.
    b, 21
    b, 21Give or take the odd issue with packing and grading as voiced by the occasionally anal and often pompous: Rule Brittania, I say. What!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21you're not helping me, funnyman.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i finally got my money back. paypal keeps your money for 30 days and then pays it back to you if the seller didn't register. strange. the guy on the phone said that i can pay to unregistered email addresses anytime. why would anyone do that? they shouldn't allow payments to unregistered users! b, 21b, 21it's been 30 days exactly. i got my money back this afternoon. paypal is strange! and the seller too. why didn't he pick up his money?!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Phew!b, 21Thank F*ck for that!b, 21I've been worried all day.

• object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1