The Punisher War Zone

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
This franchise is more cursed that Don Quixote(SP?). The trailers for this look so bad they almost make me think the 2nd one was good. Most of the comic movies have turned out relativly well. How do they keep screwing up such a good character?

Comments

• Im gonna check it.b, 21b, 21I feel Marvel is smart to make this film under the Marvel Knights flag. b, 21b, 21Cats like Daredevil,Punisher,Power Man & Iron Fist,Moon Knight,Elektra,Ghost Rider,etc.....will never gain that mainstream acceptance like Hulk,Spider-Man,and Captain America(Will Smith???ehhh...rumoured).b, 21b, 21Make it for the heads and let the outsider audience check for it w/ out trying to cater to the "date' movie demographic.b, 21b, 21Ive never read War Zone so I dont know how to accurately judge where theyre goin' w/ The Punisher. b, 21b, 21They fusked Ghost Rider up, so lets see what they do w/ a motif thats so easy to work. An ex-Marine out for vengeance.....keep it simple. Shoot mad dudes and have an interesting villain.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21They fusked Ghost Rider up,
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1damn they fusked ghost rider up. and unlike the punisher at this point, ghost rider didn't have a history of really lame movie adapts.i blame nicholas cage, he chose his last name as 'cage' and yet made another horrible comic flick. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol @ this movie. trailer looks straight-to-video.b, 21b, 21and seriously, fusk the Punisher. at least, fusk the endlessb, 21stream of graphic novels and miniseries and one-offs and branch-offsb, 21and king-sized annual bullshit. All you need is Spider Man & Daredevilb, 21runs where he was featured in the early years, and the Mike Zeck miniseries.b, 21b, 21Maybe the first 12 War Journals if you really need a fix. That's it.b, 21b, 21Dude is not worthy of all the storyline and wasted ink.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I didn't mind the Punisher flicks - the Lundgren and the Tom Jane one. You gotta have a soft spot [ayo] for the Punisher because he's got no super-powers, just the will to punish the guilty.b, 21b, 21The Lundgren one had that nice end-level scene with the paper walls and red light, where the music box ended when he snapped that bird's neck. I can see Frank Miller drawing that.b, 21b, 21The Tom Jane one had that cwazy Russian dude and Harry Heck. I liked the way when he has Saint on the ground at the end and he's reeling off the paybacks.b, 21b, 21"Killed your son. [explosion in background]. Sons."b, 21"Made you kill your best friend."b, 21"Made you kill your wife."b, 21etc.b, 21b, 21Plus he has a cool T-Shirt.b, 21 Reno Raines > David Carradine