This new Clipse tape

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I'm wary of judging it too harshly, because I've only listened to it a couple of times, but I have to ask; is it just me, or a href="http://www.complex.com/blogs/2008/12/01/download-clipses-play-cloths-mixtape-now/" target="_blank"1did these guys fall the F*ck off?/a1 Some of these beats are downright horrible, and lyrically, there's little of the wit and imagination of "Hell Hath No Fury". b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/weaksauce.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• Sounds like all there other shit. They haven't fallen off since they were never on. IMO.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You're comparing their mixtapes with their album from 02? b, 21b, 21Saying - kind of weird marker. I think this new tape is on par with their last "We Got It 4 Cheap" volume. It's not WGI4C 2 but if you like Clipse's shit, this is about par.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    insufficiently 'plex 'phors?

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm wary of judging it too harshly, because I've only listened to it a couple of times, but I have to ask; is it just me, or
    a href="http://www.complex.com/blogs/2008/12/01/download-clipses-play-cloths-mixtape-now/" target="_blank"1did these guys fall the F*ck off?
    /a1 Some of these beats are downright horrible, and lyrically, there's little of the wit and imagination of "Hell Hath No Fury".
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/weaksauce.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i gotta agree with you, its surprisingly un-fresh. im cool w/ giving them a pass on that koch terd from earlier in the year because it was technically a re-up gang LP, but this halfbaked "mixtape" is not doing them any favors in the goodwill department.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its cuz dude was wearing an AIG shirt in their last video -- perhaps they feel a little desperate and thinks the govt will rescue them too. moral hazard indeed

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21insufficiently 'plex 'phors?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Heh. Nah, but it does sound a bit phoned-in on that front. And it has to be said they sound better over Neptunes beats than just about any other rappers, to the extent that, when they're on weaker beats, they don't seem quite so impressive. It is what it is, I guess - a mixtape to plug their clothing line.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21an AIG shirt
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hold up, what..? You mean one of these?b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/large/ManUtdHSS0708.gif"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hi.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehhzu7.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poptartgraem5ovgm6.gif" alt="" 21

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21wait about 20 seconds

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    anyway i prob wont even check this but my friend just messaged me w/ this couplet and i admit i was steady lollinb, 21b, 21 "i just sarah palin hoes/ kick em out but keep the clothes"

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b, 21wait about 20 seconds
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Oh, well, these dudes are dead to me, now...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    disappointing not to hear a single CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN on it.b, 21b, 21coincidentally dropped a mixtape yesterday as well.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://i34.tinypic.com/5o5f8h.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.zshare.net/download/521324921959c225/" target="_blank"1The #1 Suppliya /a1

I don't think he's on the firm anymore, is he?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    oh I got the link from the Re-Up Gang blog, but having just seen the Sandman interview on HipHopDX from September img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21 /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 "He elaborated further, stating that a key point in his dispute was the album's video, which featured on The Clipse rapping. "It ain't in my best interest to put out a 'Fast Lane' video, after three years of nothing but street-driven music." The album the aforementioned single promoted added to the displeasure "We gave y'all three critically-acclaimed mixtapes just to give y'all this toilet bowl-ass album and their video. To me, it's unjust. The fans are onto it now too, 'Damn, that's it for the Re-Up?' 'Cause now all you hear about is [The Clipse' forthcoming album] Til The Casket Drops. The Re-Up Gang has been phased out; I guess I was just supposed to play along. I'm not no f*ckin' nut!"
    b, 21
    b, 21Acknowledging he was the last addition the longtime collaborating trio, Sandman says he defined the group as fans know it. "There is no Re-Up Gang. Before they added me, it was The Clipse and Ab Liva. That was it. That's what it's been reduced back to. Naturally, they've got to go around and promote the Re-Up Gang album now, 'cause it's out, and to be honest, I feel like I don't have to do that." Rather, furthering to statements he made two DX two weeks ago [click to read], Sandman disassociated himself from the Koch Records release. "I want to apologize again," he says to finds, comparing the release to his own affinity for EPMD's early catalogue. "What the F*ck would I feel like if after three classic albums, they had that fourth album after the beats I just got [on The Clipse Presents: Re-Up Gang]. To me, I just don't think whoever - either Koch [Records] or The Clipse did not believe in this Re-Up movement. Or it didn't mean nothin' to them. What the F*ck vision do you have that you'd squander this? 'Cause if that were the case, you should have done this three years ago."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21he went on to say fusk Ferguson, Ronaldo and them and when he saw the Man Ure shirt he knew it was game over.

• I I I I kinda liked it...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This new Sandman is dope... I honestly don't want to listen to the Clipse jawn. Always liked them dudes so much and to see what's being written about it here ("e tu, Catchdubs?")

• Plaese recommend me some new tapes that are good.b, 21b, 21On impulse I bought Lil Wayne's "The Leak V" and thought it was weak as F*ck.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    F*ck a leak.b, 21get the a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJARPXDF" target="_blank"1real/a1 b, 21b, 21other tapes: i don't know when it came out, but that ya boy/bay area bully is nice.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i'm just waiting for the freeway tape, he leaked a song w/ lloyd banks (ehhhhh) that sounded ok. the new wayne "dedication" tape was a turd. and faux rillz homey uncle murder just dropped a new one (ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)b, 21b, 21b, 21thats all i'm aware of on the mixtape front.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21peace,xavier

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21F*ck a leak.
    b, 21get the
    a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJARPXDF" target="_blank"1real
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21What is this? Not too into downloading random shit that's not properly tagged and I have no idea what it is...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I I I I kinda liked it...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21What do you know about music, hamster penis?b, 21b, 21I'm hemorrhoid, I'm the leader!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21F*ck a leak.
    b, 21get the
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21What is this? Not too into downloading random shit that's not properly tagged and I have no idea what it is...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21looks like it is the lil wayne and dj drama's "dedication 3" mixtape.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21F*ck a leak.
    b, 21get the
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21What is this? Not too into downloading random shit that's not properly tagged and I have no idea what it is...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21looks like it is the lil wayne and dj drama's "dedication 3" mixtape.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21yeah, it is. i thought the young money artists (minus the song w/ the chick) sounded pretty good on there.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21F*ck a leak.
    b, 21get the
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21looks like it is the lil wayne and dj drama's "dedication 3" mixtape.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21yeah, it is. i thought the young money artists (minus the song w/ the chick) sounded pretty good on there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Word, thanks!

• ... / nothing beats a true flip / i do it in the dark / i cut it just right like when i parallel park / my hands in the white like them parallel bars / the coke that i push is as pure as a childs heart ( my god ) / ...b, 21b, 21b, 21that is some classic shit. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hard2.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fire.gif" alt="" 21

• My only criticism of the new mix tape is not the rhyming, just the message it sends, and the fact that they are valorizing a parasitic industry that destroys communities. But hip hop wise, I dig it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21My only criticism of the new mix tape is not the rhyming, just the message it sends, and the fact that they are valorizing a parasitic industry that destroys communities. But hip hop wise, I dig it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21But this 7-year-old told me that it's fun to do bad things.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21My only criticism of the new mix tape is not the rhyming, just the message it sends, and the fact that they are valorizing a parasitic industry that destroys communities. But hip hop wise, I dig it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21img src="http://benpheneverything.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/picture-17.png"1

• Three tracks in and this sounds like solid Clipse material to me. I know people are expecting masterpieces from these dudes every time out, but take it easy. They're far from falling off, although it's sad that they broke with Sandman. Hopefully they'll squash that beef. A proper Re-Up Gang album could be incredible.

• clipse sound cornier than schwollen members