Mattresses --- What are you all Sleeping on??

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I am in the market.. whats good?

Comments

• 10 f*ckin' k bitch

• SUPER soft mattress with feather bed on top of that...b, 21b, 21b, 21...I wont be able to walk by the time Im 50...but F*ck its a comfy bed. The girl is on my case to get a good 4 digit mattress. Ehh, Id rather take a nice vacation and get some nice records. But, I suppose a good mattress is needed as I get older.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I finally, after many years of hemming and hawing droppedin in on a King Size Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam bed. b, 21b, 21It cost $3600, but honestly it's the best investment I've made in a long long time.b, 21b, 21I wake up in the same position I fell asleep in; I don't wake up in the middle of the night; and each morning it feels like I got a massage. On top of that the King size bed has really been great for me and the lady on many different levels; primarily we don't even know each other are there. b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.tempurpedichelp.org/uploads/tempurpedichelp/images/200832011171765677801.jpg"1

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21King Size Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam bed.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21A hotel that I slept in recently with my gf had this! This shit is the truth.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I finally, after many years of hemming and hawing droppedin in on a King Size Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam bed.
    b, 21
    b, 21It cost $3600, but honestly it's the best investment I've made in a long long time.
    b, 21
    b, 21I wake up in the same position I fell asleep in; I don't wake up in the middle of the night; and each morning it feels like I got a massage. On top of that the King size bed has really been great for me and the lady on many different levels; primarily we don't even know each other are there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b, 21 i sleep like a baby on one of these every night

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I finally, after many years of hemming and hawing droppedin in on a King Size Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam bed.
    b, 21
    b, 21It cost $3600, but honestly it's the best investment I've made in a long long time.
    b, 21
    b, 21I wake up in the same position I fell asleep in; I don't wake up in the middle of the night; and each morning it feels like I got a massage. On top of that the King size bed has really been great for me and the lady on many different levels; primarily we don't even know each other are there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21 i sleep like a baby on one of these every night
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21For east coast headz who want to save a few $$$ and have a Bob's Furniture close by, peep their version of a memory foam mattress called the Bob-o-pedic:b, 21b, 21a href="http://shop.mybobs.com/Bob_O_Pedic_Collection.aspx" target="_blank"1http://shop.mybobs.com/Bob_O_Pedic_Collection.aspx/a1b, 21b, 21My wife and I needed a queen mattress, but there was no way we were getting a normal mattress through the narrow stairwell up to our bedroom. It was easy to bend/compress the mattress to get it into the room, so it's a good choice for those who have cramped living quarters.b, 21b, 21All in all, a very comfortable night sleep, and cosign on the not disturbing the other person in the bed. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hastens. Hand made in Sweden. Get with it.....b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.hastens.com/en-us/" target="_blank"1http://www.hastens.com/en-us//a1b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.hastens.com/upload/405/main_image.jpg"1

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I got some ill mattress from Macy's - I forget the brand but it's one of the big names (Sealy or Serta or Simmons or something.) Shit is insane, I sleep like I've never slept before. Paid $4300 for is so I had BETTER sleep well haha...

• some ballers in this thread. b, 21b, 21b, 21you ever dropped a bowling ball on one side while you rested a glass of wine on the other and your wife was sleeping on the floor?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I got one of these way before you

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm currently sleeping on a spring mattress that's pretty decent, but I think I want to mess with a topper for extra comfort.

Target has this one with 3" memory foam covered by a pillowtop, and it's only $160.

Ikea has this which is $200 and is also 3" memory foam. They also have this $300 latex one.

Any suggestions? I'm definitely nor ready to drop $3-$4k on a new mattress, but I've heard a decent mattress topper can be just as good in some cases.

And oh, I'm looking for firmness. [color:white]*PASUE* away, my friends.[/color]

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    paging...

paging...

Who dat?? Captain America??

• Oh, mattresses. I thought it said mistresses. I'm not an expert, then, so I guess I'm outta here.

Oh, mattresses. I thought it said mistresses. I'm not an expert, then, so I guess I'm outta here.

They ain't mistresses unless you're married!

• King Size Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam bed.

A hotel that I slept in recently with my gf had this! This shit is the truth.

AND DID YOUR PRIVATE PARTS TOUCH THAT NIGHT?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    paging...

Who dat?? Captain America??

That's the Mattress Mack. He's got a king size bed that is good for your back.

• Oh, mattresses. I thought it said mistresses. I'm not an expert, then, so I guess I'm outta here.

They ain't mistresses unless you're married!

You got me. I'm actually very faithful to my common law wife.

• Please to add insight into this.

Tempurpedic is expensive, but I want to sleep like never before. Feedback? Alternatives?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Please to add insight into this.

Tempurpedic is expensive, but I want to sleep like never before. Feedback? Alternatives?

same here
    they have a 2k$ queen in some megastore here and would like to cop one day
    ive loved it when resting on a demo and i've got posture issues (podiatry related) so i would appreciate some advice of the wear-n-tear type

• Hey pcmr me too. I'm thinking about buying the Tempur Cloud this week. From the reviews I've read (i research a lot lol) i'd honestly out every 100 reviews about 90 love it. A few things I've noticed. All the problems i can seem to find are from about two years ago and they have seemed to fix the problems. One was a loud squeaking from the box spring which they fixed and another was the smell and the bed would get "hot". They've added the amount of tiny holes that allows it to breath fixing that.

Also I found out that Tempur sets the price so don't bother searching for a good deal. No stores are allowed to put it on sale.

I'd like to hear more opinions as well. But I think i'm going to pull the trigger and get the bed soon.