musicfrombrazil - kosher seller check?

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I've seen past threads by guys like sabadabada saying they thought they'd been ripped off by brazilian sellers, but not often with any conclusion. can anybody on here tell me whether they've had dealings with musicfrombrazil (seller on cdandlp.com, gemm etc), positive or negative? I'm thinking of buying some stuff, but want to check that the seller's reliable,b, 21Thanks,b, 21Tomb, 21PS Before the suggestion arrives, yes I've already got this particular want registered with Paulo from Superflyrecords, who has always sold really well graded records for good prices.

Comments

• Used them once about a year ago ,record never turned up and i had to open a dispute to get my money back.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

• Thats the guy that owes me $100. Avoid.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dion't know anything about this seller, but if you buy it through gemm you have pretty good buyer protection. I've never had any trouble getting a refund through gemm, and I've had to do it a few times over the years.

• Support Superfly - he is good people.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Dion't know anything about this seller, but if you buy it through gemm you have pretty good buyer protection. I've never had any trouble getting a refund through gemm, and I've had to do it a few times over the years.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Was through that netsoundmusic thing , assim na terra lp. I still get regular emails from them practically begging me to buy shit , fusk that.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Damn... lots of Brazil related threads lately. I love it!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Support Superfly - he is good people.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Bit expensive though. He does get some killer stuff though. Might be the only on-line shop I hever ever seen stocking an original Jackson Sisters album.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Bit expensive though. He does get some killer stuff though. Might be the only on-line shop I hever ever seen stocking an original Jackson Sisters album.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Quality + Dependability = Worth It

true, true. I must say the grading is pretty conservative. Even VG isn't that bad from there.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21true, true. I must say the grading is pretty conservative. Even VG isn't that bad from there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ill buy VG- from dude, I got a Wilson Simonal he graded at VG- and it is fine, a pop and a crackle here and there but nothing to lament over, and most of those pops and crackles are in between songs. You can DJ with a superfly VG- with no worriesb, 21b, 21Grading wise, he is the Haim Kennig (img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" 21)of Brazilian and African records

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Anyone got an OG Caetano Veloso (1969) LP? VG+ at worst, please.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Bit expensive though. He does get some killer stuff though. Might be the only on-line shop I hever ever seen stocking an original Jackson Sisters album.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Quality + Dependability = Worth It
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Plus soundclips for every lp in stock. You can't beat that. I've always been very happy with all the African lp's I've bought from him throughout the years.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21true, true. I must say the grading is pretty conservative. Even VG isn't that bad from there.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21y'know i don't know this superfly dealer but now i want to check out his stock. link? b, 21b, 21sux how tropical dealers can get away with bizarre grading -- i know africa/s.a. is humid and hot, but let's not act like it's a parallel world.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    a href="http://www.superflyrecords.com" target="_blank"1www.superflyrecords.com/a1b, 21b, 21i will vouch for dude too

• grebgreb 32 Posts
    I remember the time when he wrote a mass email that he is selling his whole collection with around 8000 records for 12000 USD. The first thing that came into my mind - oh my god - can this be true? I hope! b, 21b, 21When i contacted him and told him i will come to Brazil and look at collection with my own eyes and inspect the records, i could not arrange a meeting because he always said, that at the given dates he is not at home. b, 21b, 21The record list was fantastic:b, 21- Eliana & Booker Pitman - News from Brazilb, 21- Both Jose Mauro recordsb, 21- Werther - Same (stylo)b, 21- etc.b, 21Let's say most of the very best brazilian records i know of.b, 21b, 21Maybe he sold it to someone else - i don't know. There was also a member of Jazzanova in the mailing-list. Maybe he bought it ;-) b, 21b, 21I have bought some records from him years ago. I got my records after a few weeks. But i WOULD NOT buy something from him nowadays. The list in GEMM is also not accurate ( i mailed the seller and then i got to know that it was him! - and he didn't have the records). b, 21b, 21GreB

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    a href="http://www.superflyrecords.com" target="_blank"1www.superflyrecords.com
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21i will vouch for dude too
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Likewise, I bought from him last year at a record show here in toronto , (he travelled to spin at a Turning Point party!) and he had excellent selection and super fair prices/grading.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Quikc fast reliable service. It's Superfly!