Brothers in Blue - Airmen of Note

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone have a price check on this? Picked it up today and looking to see if I got a deal or ripped dude off...Only paid $20 so no biggie either way. Regardless I am really feeling the first cut on both sides and the Superstition cover ain't bad either. Pic courtesy of Motown67's review.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.soulstrut.com/images/reviews/crates/motown/Airmen-Of-Note---Brothers-I.gif"1

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I take it this is better than the other 63 albums by the Airmen of Note?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Much better....I think I have one other one with any redeeming qualities and if I remember right it is because it has a Dark Orchid cover.b, 21b, 21This one is pretty damn good though.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've had a few others with a funky track or two. There's actually one from the 80's with a cover of WHAM'S "Careless Whisper".

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I have a goofyass 80s one w/a bunch of covers of hits, pretty sure "Owner of a Lonely Heart" was one of them...b, 21b, 21I have a couple from the 70s - at least I think its the Airmen, could be another military group - where they do Ohio Players, Herbie, stuff like that... never seen that one though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rerog: You might be able to get $40 or so off it but my guess is that most of these albums are probably on the declining side of value just given that funky big band jazz isn't huge these days. This happens to be one of the better titles but that's not saying a lot.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Thanks O...I bought it mostly to keep, but if was worth a bit i would have let it go. It definitely is interesting as far as the airmen records go...marketed towards a more progressive minded person with the PUSH song and the "I am not a second class citizen" speech. Cool piece of history and music.