SF heads...Boom Boom Room?

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
what is this place like? I have an interview soon and want to know what I am looking into...b, 21b, 21b, 21thanks!b, 21b, 21Elise

Comments

• I don't know about behind the scenes but it's a cool venue, very intimate. b, 21Saw Booker T there years ago and was about two feetfrom him.

• Options
    I don't think I have ever been to the Boom Boom Room, but I seen ads for them having Djs. I dont live in the Bay Area really but I went to the El Bow Room once and that was nice. I had a drink downstairs and then went upstairs to hear some...african style funk.? can't remember. My friend Patrick was standing at the bar with a pretty full brew. Then, this crazy drunk girl, who must have come directly from the ladies room, careens across the dance floor and right into Patrick knocking him over. In an effort to save his beer, Patrick hits his elbow really hard on the floor, then ol' puke breathe rolls over on Patrick and says, "Hey...you smell like kind bud." b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21The girls boy friend runs over and helps her up. I made sure Patrick was okay. Then later that night the girl shows up again, tryin to flirt with Patrick and saying how she lives she down the way and all. but Patrick was saying how badly her breathe smelled like she had been vomiting.b, 21b, 21I think I liked my first drink downstairs the best there though.b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21lemme know how the Boom Boom Room goes and goodluckb, 21b, 21laterb, 21lilmonstu

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't know about behind the scenes but it's a cool venue, very intimate.
    b, 21Saw Booker T there years ago and was about two feetfrom him.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21SOLD

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't think I have ever been to the Boom Boom Room, but I seen ads for them having Djs. I dont live in the Bay Area really but I went to the El Bow Room once and that was nice. I had a drink downstairs and then went upstairs to hear some...african style funk.? can't remember. My friend Patrick was standing at the bar with a pretty full brew. Then, this crazy drunk girl, who must have come directly from the ladies room, careens across the dance floor and right into Patrick knocking him over. In an effort to save his beer, Patrick hits his elbow really hard on the floor, then ol' puke breathe rolls over on Patrick and says, "Hey...you smell like kind bud."
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The girls boy friend runs over and helps her up. I made sure Patrick was okay. Then later that night the girl shows up again, tryin to flirt with Patrick and saying how she lives she down the way and all. but Patrick was saying how badly her breathe smelled like she had been vomiting.
    b, 21
    b, 21I think I liked my first drink downstairs the best there though.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21lemme know how the Boom Boom Room goes and goodluck
    b, 21
    b, 21later
    b, 21lilmonstu
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21thank you! and I hope it goes well...I need to be in a creative environment--my current job is killn' me.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1203.gif" alt="" 21