Finals (college related)

youknowyouknowyouknowyouknow 264 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
any students in here stressing about finals??? lengthy papers due soon that you haven't started?b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• I'm waiting to hear from colleges right now, and also stressing.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I got my first paper due on Wednesday. Being a procrastinator. I have kind of thought about a thesis, though that isn't exactly work.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21any students in here stressing about finals??? lengthy papers due soon that you haven't started?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes & yes. Trying to get it going for real for real today.

• Not stressing too hard since I'm only taking two classes right now. 6 pager on a topic that hasn't been posted yet in Western Civ, a 14 page portfolio and just a unit test for Spanish. My percussion and jazz improv juries are gonna need a lot of work in the next week though.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I have kind of thought about a thesis, though that isn't exactly work.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Meaning: I have convinced myself that simply coming up with a thesis qualifies as actual work, though I haven't typed a single word yet (except on Soul Strut).b, 21b, 21Update: In addition to thinking of a thesis, I have also thought of a potential title for my paper. I still haven't typed a word. I am going to call it "The Myth of the Model Minority."

• Oh I thought you were saying that a thesis isn't work!! Hah. Yeah, just figure out who your committee head will be, and do what she/he suggests img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Meaning: I have convinced myself that simply coming up with a thesis qualifies as actual work, though I haven't typed a single word yet (except on Soul Strut).
    b, 21
    b, 21Update: In addition to thinking of a thesis, I have also thought of a potential title for my paper. I still haven't typed a word. I am going to call it "The Myth of the Model Minority."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21sociology class?

• yeah i'm about 2 pages into a 14 pager due Thursday. I have two finals next week and little studying done towards either. I've got a poopload of work to do at my job, i've got to buy a new car tomorrow, and i have to schedule two classes for next semester(all the ones i want are full) and secure a loan for it. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/107.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Meaning: I have convinced myself that simply coming up with a thesis qualifies as actual work, though I haven't typed a single word yet (except on Soul Strut).
    b, 21
    b, 21Update: In addition to thinking of a thesis, I have also thought of a potential title for my paper. I still haven't typed a word. I am going to call it "The Myth of the Model Minority."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Asian American Studies: "South Asian Americans"b, 21b, 21I have a minor in Middle East/South Asia Studies, which is what the class is for. My major is a BS in Economics.

• good luck and don't cheat. and if you see someone cheating, write about it on the strut. I am always interested to hear what methods the kids are coming up with these days.

• i've got three papers, 10-12 pages each due by next week. eeek

• I have two finals the week of the 15th, but one is pass/fail. And two papers due the week after that.