Nico Gomez - Ritual (OG vs Omega reissue)

LapurLapur 60 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
anyone know the differences between the original and the Omega reissue from the 80's? One cover seems to be darker than the other, but the differences appear to be very subtle.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Originals have glossy laminated covers, reissues have matte cardboard. b, 21b, 21You can also see pixelization on the cover of the scanned images from the photos on the front and back. The type on the back looks clean, though, and that's because the reissuer reset the type; however there's no way to get a cleaner image of the pictures other than the scan (that's why it's a bit "dotty").b, 21b, 21The cover photo on the reissue is much darker than on the original. On the reissue, you can hardly see the definition of her lower back.b, 21b, 21Compare your label to this OG using the following guidelinesb, 21img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/lambert/ritual_label.jpg"1b, 21b, 21The og vinyl has type stamped marks in the dead wax, the reissue has hand written dead wax markings.b, 21b, 21Again, the re-issuer has reset the type, but not precise enough to be without difference.b, 21b, 21The og label has the "all rights" wording very close to the edge of the label, the reissue has it not as close to the edge.b, 21b, 21The box on the "stereo mono" wording on the label is taller on the og than on the reissue (the reissue almost hugs the wording).b, 21b, 21Also, the Omega logo on the re-issue is in a different more modern font (not invented until the 80's), than on the original label. b, 21b, 21Lastly, the other difference is in the slope towards the center of the record. On the og, it's right near edge of label, on the reissue it's more inside the label.b, 21b, 21Hope that helps. These helped me not get scammed last time I tried to buy one.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    There's also an Australian press, which I don't think has been bootlegged.b, 21b, 21Maybe Kinetic or Sheep can put you up on that.

• Was there ever an 80's reissue of this??b, 21I know it has been bootlegged once around 10 years ago maybe.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    There's a Japanese issue and a bootleg, but you can tell those apart from the OG.b, 21b, 21The Australian press is on the Carina label.b, 21b, 21There's also a french press with alternate cover!b, 21good luck... I got the Japanese issue on p-vine, I'll check it when I get home...b, 21b, 21peace.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I know it has been bootlegged once around 10 years ago maybe.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I picked up a new bootleg around 2001. It pretty much conforms to the specs Lambert mentions.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've seen two different bootlegs of this. One really obvious, the other not so much so.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'd buy either of them NAME YOUR PRICE!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The Australian press is on the Carina label.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21thats the one I got, its got a Blue inner label. I can scan that in if you want to compare, or you just interested in the Japanese OG/Bootleg comparison.b, 21b, 21Did the Carinia one get released around the same time as the OG or later on?b, 21b, 21b, 21Also I just want to know....did they make the tits on the girl from the cover, any bigger on the re issue?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The Australian press is on the Carina label.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21thats the one I got, its got a Blue inner label. I can scan that in if you want to compare, or you just interested in the Japanese OG/Bootleg comparison.
    b, 21
    b, 21Did the Carinia one get released around the same time as the OG or later on?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Also I just want to know....did they make the tits on the girl from the cover, any bigger on the re issue?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Australian issue was released later as a budget series... The only real OG is the omega press...b, 21b, 21Japan press is red label, P-Vine.b, 21b, 21Bootleg is dodgy, you will know if you have a boot, trust me, dark semi-pixelated artwork....b, 21b, 21The price has gone down a lot, I seen the Australian one for about $100 US these days....b, 21b, 21peace.