BATMAN R.I.P. (Whaaaaaaaaat!!?!11!!-R)

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news//newstopics/celebritynews/3517456/Batman-to-be-killed-off-after-70-years.html" target="_blank"1http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news//newstop...r-70-years.htmlb, 21b, 21"'Batman RIP' will see "the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman", according to Grant Morrison.b, 21b, 21There are rumours that Batman will suffer a gruesome end when his sidekick Robin goes over to "the dark side" and destroys him in a terrible betrayal.b, 21b, 21Batman, alter ego of Bruce Wayne a wealthy industrialist, operates in the American Gotham City.b, 21b, 21Others speculate that Wayne may either retire from his duties or be killed by a mystery villain known as the Black Glove.b, 21b, 21His fate will be revealed in the latest issue of DC Comic's Batman, published on 26 November.b, 21b, 21Either way, his demise will lead to a hunt for a replacement*.b, 21b, 21"What I am doing is a fate worse than death, things that no one would expect to happen to these guys at all," Mr Morrison told Comic Book Resources.b, 21b, 21Mr Morrison, the Scottish writer, has written storylines for comics including X-Men for Marvel and Superman for DC Comics. He took over writing the Batman series for DC in 2006.b, 21b, 21Bruce Wayne has given up the Caped Crusader mantle once before. In the 'Knightfall' storyline, Batman's back was broken by villain Bane, causing Wayne to recruit Jean-Paul Valley to replace him.b, 21b, 21Mr Morrison declined to reveal who the new Batman would be, but the frontrunners include Tim Drake who has been Robin since 1991 and Dick Grayson - the original Boy Wonder.b, 21b, 21It is not the first time a superhero has met an unfortunate end in the comic world.b, 21b, 21Last year, Captain America was killed after being shot by a sniper in New York.b, 21b, 21Superman's death in 1992 at the hands of Doomsday became the biggest selling Superman comic in history. He was later resurrected.b, 21b, 21Batman was co-created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger for DC Comics. The character first appeared in Detective Comics in May 1939."b, 21b, 21*Step forward Bat Mon?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This has been known about for a while. Regardless, I doubt it will really be a permanent change.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21This has been known about for a while. Regardless, I doubt it will really be a permanent change.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Yup. b, 21b, 21But unlike the last time when Bane broke his back im hoping Bruce stays out for some real time. b, 21b, 21Captain America is still out. b, 21b, 21These gimmicks have to be extended for more than a year if you really want to have some impact. b, 21b, 21I hope Dick Greyson assumes my mantle.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2008/11/17/batmanalexrossx-large.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21Or the are NO Batman stories at all for a minute.b, 21b, 21I find the timing wierd as well. In the past the comics would try to run their heros parallel w/ a successfull movie. After Dark Knight wins Best Picture Oscar and Heath Ledger wins Best Actor (Jeah - I said it),the are bound to be curious non-comic heads that will pick-up the books. I just wont be in it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/latte.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game02vy9.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21BM - I remember you started rocking that "Putting the cape away" Avatar a while back - now it makes sense. I just hadn't seen it reported before today. I can't believe they "Resurrect" them though... Is this because of fan pressure or just, as you say, a gimmick?b, 21b, 21I remember Judge Dredd getting shot through the head (it was Mike McMahon art) and I thought they'd have to show his face, but of course he was all bandaged up like a mummified Tusken Raider???. Of course, he didn't die. The miracles of 25th century medicine and all that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Alot of it is Copyrights.b, 21b, 21Hal Jordan died as the Green Lantern only to become The Spectre for a minute to finally comeback as the Green Lantern Againb, 21b, 21Robin died but Tim Drake took up the mantle. The dead Robin/Jason Todd came back on the evil tip.b, 21b, 21Bucky died years ago only for Marvel to bite the Robin/sidekick steez and revive Bucky as the Winter Soldier

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Or the are NO Batman stories at all for a minute.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No more Batmon posts for a whole year?? I can dig it!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I hope Dick Greyson assumes my mantle.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I hope Dick Greyson assumes my mantle.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MJ.gif" alt="" 21

• How long was superman out for?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21How long was superman out for?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21A year or so. There were many Clones & Spin-off though.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    lets not forget STEEEEEEEEL