odub on NPR

the_spacethe_space 74 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
big ups mayn, i'm glad you quoted your friend about that Cher sound.b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=97451806" target="_blank"1http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=97451806

Comments

• Yea i caught o-dub doing that q-tip review the other day. Well done.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21big ups mayn, i'm glad you quoted your friend about that Cher sound.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ha, yeah, that was Maocontent.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've been hearing him. Always a pleasure.

• ah yeah, the kanye review was excellent odub

• i think i gotta go with the second review. based on the 3 or 4 songs i've heard, it almost feels like this is an emperor's new clothes type situation. b, 21b, 21odub alluded to the absurdity of trying to be serious via autotune. its like a poet going on stage and, right before reciting something about his recently deceased mother, he takes a large drag from a helium tank.b, 21b, 21also - its just not good music. i was kinda into love lockdown after the vmas, but after a few months it hurts my ears. of the songs i've heard, paranoid is the best, but its about as good as any random album cut from his last 2 or 3 albums.

I actually think Noz made some good points I didn't touch on, namely that the songwriting is poor - even for Kanye. Totally a fair criticism though I'd argue that this actually further contributes to the weird distancing on the album that I think is intentional.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Nice to see this mannybolone kid is finally contributing some music-oriented stuff to the site.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Nice to see this mannybolone kid is finally contributing some music-oriented stuff to the site.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Can a finds thread be too far behind? b, 21b, 21But you forget: I didn't create this thread so I can't take credit.