Let the Right One In (song ID)

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
saw this last night and i recommend it to everyone on the strut.my question is for anyone who has seen this already, what is the swedish rock song on 45 that osker plays? and, what is the pop song that plays on the radio?

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    any swedish strutters?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I think it's Gyllene Tider - arguably one of Swedens more popular bands in the 80s. Founding member and douchebag Per Gessle later went on to form Roxette and make millions. If I'm not mistaken, both songs are by them.b, 21b, 21edit: I'm positive the 45 is Gyllene Tider, It's the radio song I don't remember.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I think it's Gyllene Tider - arguably one of Swedens more popular bands in the 80s. Founding member and douchebag Per Gessle later went on to form Roxette and make millions. If I'm not mistaken, both songs are by them.b, 21b, 21edit: I'm positive the 45 is Gyllene Tider, It's the radio song I don't remember. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1roxette?? damn,thanks for the info man.now i just gotta fins out what the radio song is.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I think it's Gyllene Tider - arguably one of Swedens more popular bands in the 80s. Founding member and douchebag Per Gessle later went on to form Roxette and make millions. If I'm not mistaken, both songs are by them.b, 21b, 21edit: I'm positive the 45 is Gyllene Tider, It's the radio song I don't remember. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1roxette?? damn,thanks for the info man.now i just gotta fins out what the radio song is. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No problem, may I ask how you've seen Let the right one in? Is it showing in theatres in the US? I'm really surprised, it's the second time it's mentioned on the strut. I never whould have thought it would be received so well abroad, it is, for lack of a better word, extemely "Swedish".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    right now it's in limited release over here, so it's not showing everywhere in the states. i agree that it has a certain type of melancholy that seems uniqely swedish.great movie.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    It's in its third week of showing here in Baltimore. I helped suggest its booking at the local theatre and I think its popularity took the owner of the theatre by surprise. b, 21b, 21I enjoyed it very much as well, and suggested the booking based on a coworker seeing it as a midnight movie at a recent film-fest and hyping it to me. It's being carried by Magnet, a US distributor (subsidiary of Magnolia) that specializes in foreign genre films. A lot of their titles go straight to DVD or only play a few major markets, but I think they have a hit on their hands with this one.

• I don't remember any music in the movie. Hardly any noise at all and that's what I liked about it. The quiet. Rare for a horror movie. Recommended.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    This looks terrific. If it already has the makings of a cult hit, the M. Night Shamalama remake with Dakota Fanning in the girl's role can't be far behind.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    and there it is, remake scheduled for 2010 according to imdb