Double albums question

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I've always wondered why certain double albums, instead of pressing side 1 & 2 on one record and 3 & 4 on the other, use the 1 & 4, 2 & 3 formula. Here my Dear and Doing what comes naturally by Charles Wright, for example. What's the deelio? I fail to see the practical value.

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    If anything, they should be 1 & 3 and 2 & 4. Then, if you had two turntables, you could cue the next side and have it ready each time.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21I've always wondered why certain double albums, instead of pressing side 1 & 2 on one record and 3 & 4 on the other, use the 1 & 4, 2 & 3 formula. Here my Dear and Doing what comes naturally by Charles Wright, for example. What's the deelio? I fail to see the practical value. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21Back in the day, when people had automatic record changers, you'd stack the records to play sequentially, thus you'd have a disc with side one stacked under a disc with side two, so that they would play in order. You could then flip them over and play three and four.

• Edit: beaten to the punch