G.D. THE BIG J - "Movin' On"

redgregredgreg 96 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Was this also released as a 12"? I got this copy which reads Glenn Dorsey instead of G.D. was this a later press? Thanks

Comments

• It came out on a 12 as "Summer Groove" by the Joneses, same label, an extended version of the same recording, it sounds like. Never seen it w/ that label on 45, tho. Or w/ the smiling moustache-man's face hovering in the spindle hole.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    if you need it pm me. i actually love playing that song out. just something about that hornline....

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    It came out on a 12 as "Summer Groove" by the Joneses, same label, an extended version of the same recording, it sounds like. Never seen it w/ that label on 45, tho. Or w/ the smiling moustache-man's face hovering in the spindle hole.

This has been reissued on the excellent "Disco Strut" compilation series (Volume 4 is the one it's featured on).

http://www.dustygroove.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/dga/search.cgi?x=0&y=0&usersrch=Disco+Strut&issearch=yes

SG

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    I have the UK 12" pressing of the Joneses "Summer Groove" which is extended with a long inst/intro and then the song full vocal comes in about half way through, but it sounds re-sung and the Glenn Dorsey has more singing towards the end, so i was just wondering if there was a 12" mix of Glenn Dorsey too.
    Not sure who the man with the tache is underneath, looks like cerrone?

I had one of them Disco Strut comps but the quality was not all that, do you know if they all sounded like that?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I have the UK 12" pressing of the Joneses "Summer Groove" which is extended with a long inst/intro and then the song full vocal comes in about half way through, but it sounds re-sung and the Glenn Dorsey has more singing towards the end, so i was just wondering if there was a 12" mix of Glenn Dorsey too.
    Not sure who the man with the tache is underneath, looks like cerrone?

I had one of them Disco Strut comps but the quality was not all that, do you know if they all sounded like that?

The sound quality on Volume 4 varies from excellent to merely acceptable. I think the sound quality of the track in question is acceptable...much better that some of the other reissues/boots out there, but definitely not master tape quality.

SG