Pop Champagne

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    in the yes we can thing

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks manb, 21b, 21shareminer is down i really appreciate this

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21This has been coming out of every car uptown for months now b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21OKAY NOW I LOVE IT.b, 21b, 21naw it's cool a club track. I agree with KVH, with a few drinks and good clurb system it does damage. But what's up with the "Arab Money" track. Is it a unofficial part two or just Ron Brownz rocking the same formula?b, 21b, 21And yeah Verb, I've already heard "I can't believe it" blended over it. I'm just preparing for the barrage of the Ed Hardy dj set mashing Nightranger over it with some fatman scoop vocal chops.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    anyone know if that synth is a sample? sounds too dirty not to be

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21anyone know if that synth is a sample? sounds too dirty not to be b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21serious? i wouldn't be surprised if it was some soft synth preset. nothing specialb, 21b, 21i appreciate this song for what it is

• YP Arab Money is not just another song it's a movement.b, 21b, 21Peace, JP . . . img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21anyone know if that synth is a sample? sounds too dirty not to be b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21serious? i wouldn't be surprised if it was some soft synth preset. nothing specialb, 21b, 21i appreciate this song for what it is b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yeah im serious, sounds like a sample to me

BTW this song is dope because its so weird

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21BTW this song is dope because its so weird b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21EXACTLY.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21In Ron Browz case it's Auto-Out Of Tune. That shit is terrible. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Straiiiiiight up. Call me old, disconnected, whatever, but that auto tune shit has officially lowered the bar for what's passable as music. T-Pain kills it cause he can actually sing, but this shit, and some of the stuff Kanye is doing is just bad and completely out of tune.

• If I could get a version without Ron Browz this would be okay. But really just for Juelz's verse. The beat is not hot. Drums don't knock. Synths are flat. I'm disconnected from the club, but if I dropped this at any dance party that I DJed at recently it would clear the floor.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21without Ron Browz this would be okay.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What the F*ck is "ETHER BOY"?!?!?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21What the F*ck is "ETHER BOY"?!?!? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Browz produced "Ether."

• http://blogs.vibe.com/rapidshare/2008/09/the-ron-browz-problem/b, 21b, 21Ron Browz is having a strange moment. The Harlem producer behind some of the most rigorous East Coast rap of the last decade is indulging his inner "urban-pop" and redefining a career that was distinguished but little-heralded. b1The man behind Nas' "Ether" and "Last Real N***a Alive," Big L's "Ebonics" and Lloyd Banks' astoundingly slept-on "Playboy"[/b] has a radio hit under his own name called "Pop Champagne."b, 21b, 21Pretty img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 -ish, huh?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21http://blogs.vibe.com/rapidshare/2008/09/the-ron-browz-problem/b, 21b, 21Ron Browz is having a strange moment. The Harlem producer behind some of the most rigorous East Coast rap of the last decade is indulging his inner "urban-pop" and redefining a career that was distinguished but little-heralded. b1The man behind Nas' "Ether" and "Last Real N***a Alive," Big L's "Ebonics" and Lloyd Banks' astoundingly slept-on "Playboy"[/b] has a radio hit under his own name called "Pop Champagne."b, 21b, 21Pretty img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 -ish, huh? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    haha, that's a trip. dude definitely deserves this

• The tension laced in this beat is huge. The minimal percussion part goes on for so long. This is minimalist innovation - no one in rapp would have done this in the 90s. Forgoing the kick-snare dichotomy and expanding into the ether of percussion buttons. This is a post-snap thriller of a beat, based mainly on tom-toms or tom-tom stand-ins. b, 21b, 21The tension: when the big beat comes in to let the rapper righteously ride, that beat is just a little off of the main percussion part. It's kind of retarded, like a car that's pulling to the left when one of the wheels is a little crooked. It still rides, but it makes your body want to move in two different ways. b, 21b, 21Ask yourself: If I was at home (you were) and made this retarded-ass combo of two beats (you didn't) would I have thrown it away in the "demo" pile because the beats didn't match up? The genius is in bringing the tension to the people - if there's a teacher in the house, somebody's gonna get taut!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21expanding into the ether of percussion buttonsb, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The fact that this song summoned Terry_Clubbup alone makes it an automatic YAY.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The tension laced in this beat is huge. The minimal percussion part goes on for so long. This is minimalist innovation - no one in rapp would have done this in the 90s. Forgoing the kick-snare dichotomy and expanding into the ether of percussion buttons. This is a post-snap thriller of a beat, based mainly on tom-toms or tom-tom stand-ins. b, 21b, 21The tension: when the big beat comes in to let the rapper righteously ride, that beat is just a little off of the main percussion part. It's kind of retarded, like a car that's pulling to the left when one of the wheels is a little crooked. It still rides, but it makes your body want to move in two different ways. b, 21b, 21Ask yourself: If I was at home (you were) and made this retarded-ass combo of two beats (you didn't) would I have thrown it away in the "demo" pile because the beats didn't match up? The genius is in bringing the tension to the people - if there's a teacher in the house, somebody's gonna get taut! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21 the actual beat.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm guessing this is the annual "let's get dumb" hot club track which will be forgotten within a couple months and has a beat that sounds like the background music for an 8 bit video game. The slightly homoerotic version of the "Nothin But A G Thing" fizz spraying was funny, in an awkward way. I'm all for catchy, fun songs that don't take themselves or the listeners seriously, but this isb, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21garbage. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• terry is THAT DUDE but he really shouldn't be talking about "club rap".b, 21b, 21sorry man.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'm guessing this is the annual "let's get dumb" hot club track which will be forgotten within a couple months and has a beat that sounds like the background music for an 8 bit video game. The slightly homoerotic version of the "Nothin But A G Thing" fizz spraying was funny, in an awkward way. I'm all for catchy, fun songs that don't take themselves or the listeners seriously, but this isb, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21garbage. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21u shouldn't be talking about club rap either. b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21sorry man b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'm guessing this is the annual "let's get dumb" hot club track which will be forgotten within a couple months and has a beat that sounds like the background music for an 8 bit video game. The slightly homoerotic version of the "Nothin But A G Thing" fizz spraying was funny, in an awkward way. I'm all for catchy, fun songs that don't take themselves or the listeners seriously, but this isb, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21garbage. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21u shouldn't be talking about club rap either. b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21sorry man b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Who are you to judge? You seem to have caught the "post backpacker guilt" disease...

• lol... DJs trying to defend their credibility two ways by kind of dissing the record while not panning it so hard that they might get called out for playing it, because they will play it!b, 21b, 21The TENSION is amazing!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    oddly I'm getting the impression that most strutters are disconnected from the 'urban' experienceb, 21b, 21I guess I won't be hearing Odub praising this on All Things Consideredb, 21b, 21lol

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21oddly I'm getting the impression that most strutters are disconnected from the 'urban' experienceb, 21b, 21I guess I won't be hearing Odub praising this on All Things Consideredb, 21b, 21lol b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21"Getting the impression"? Isn't the urban disconnectedness of Strut one of our defining features? Just saying.b, 21b, 21In any case, I'm not mad at the song but I am suffering from auto-tune fatigue so it's hard to be more open to that aspect. I did think Terry's musicological analysis was quite impressive however. b, 21b, 21As for ATC: I did try pitching a Juelz review their way but no love.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I was being sarcasticb, 21b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21As for ATC: I did try pitching a Juelz review their way but no love. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21"we'll pass on the Dipset profile, hey does MIA have a new album out yet?"

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I was being sarcasticb, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21As for ATC: I did try pitching a Juelz review their way but no love. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21"we'll pass on the Dipset profile, hey does MIA have a new album out yet?" b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Ha, as it was, they did approach me to review that last album. MIA = NPR catnip. As is Kanye.