ID3 Tags on WAV/AIFF files

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Is there any way to do this so that Microwave recognizes the tags? I want to be able to use my uncompressed files, edit them with an ID3 tagger, and then have microwave recognize the tags.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    There is no such thing as ID3 tags for WAV. You can tag AIFF but I don't know of any Mac apps for that. You can "tag" both in Microwave if you want.

• shit is really annoying. i don't have microwave but a numark hdx and any wave files just appear as "unknown artist" whichb, 21is driving me crazy.. i got like 80 gigs of space but this fact kinda fucks it up for me cause the more files i got the more confusing it gets..

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21There is no such thing as ID3 tags for WAV. You can tag AIFF but I don't know of any Mac apps for that. You can "tag" both in Microwave if you want. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21you can, but s.erato will 'untag' it when you quit.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Thanks guys. That really blows. I hate mp3s. So damn much.b, 21b, 21I've gotten it to the point where Microwave saves the library data for the WAV/AIFF files just fine, but it's really ridiculous that there is no way to do this with the tag data internal to each file.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Try using APE tagging. I'm not sure if the HDX can read it, but you can damn near tag any format with APE.b, 21b, 21http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APEv2_tagb, 21b, 21Maybe MediaRage for OSX will tag APE.

Yeah, you can use APE but I don't think microwave will recognize it.

By the way I have been learning Scratchtools today and it is saving me SO much time. HIGHLY recommended for library organization.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21By the way I have been learning Scratchtools today and it is saving me SO much time. HIGHLY recommended for library organization. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21YES! Nik39 is a gangster for that. I haven't used it in a while though.