Quantum of Solace

2»

Comments

• I still ask myself : they REALLY casted a blond bodybuilder as Bond ? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/weaksauce.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/530.gif" alt="" 21

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/841.gif" alt="" 21

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    My only complaint is the editing was a little to quick. Like that bowl cut/toupee thing. You really had to be watching to catch that. I laughed when his toupee flipped and then figured most others had missed it. b, 21b, 21It a Bond film so as long as the action is good and takes you from one great location to the next as he gets his freak on you can't ask for much more. b, 21b, 21I think the story would have seemed better if the editing gave you just a few more seconds to take stuff in. I was constantly taking in the previous scene while the next scene was going. b, 21b, 21I like how the story continues to tie together. Mr. White is still out there!b, 21b, 21It didn't help that I was in a theater with babies crying and people answering there cell phones.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21My only complaint is the editing was a little to quick. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah, this is my main gripe about most action sequences in movies these days. The fast editing and close range of the action is supposed to make you feel like you are in the thick of the chaos, but I can never tell wtf is going on and it always seems like an incoherent mess. i thought the Bourne movies executed a perfect balance of choreography and editing when it came to fight scenesb, 21b, 21*spoiler*b, 21b, 21There were 2 action sequences in QOS where they kept switching back and forth between an on-foot tunnel pursuit and a horse race as some kind of visual metaphor that i thought was unnecessary and took itself too seriously. Then they did the same silly thing with another action sequence at the opera. A case of overediting and trying to infuse too much meaning I guessb, 21b, 21Jesus, now that I think about it, this Bond movie was pretty much wall-to-wall action. There must have been at least 5 action sequences in a movie that couldn't have been more than 2 hours. I was still entertained, but it could have been better with less action and more story for sure

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21What was up with the bowlcut on the villainous Dominic Greene's sidekick?b, 21b, 21Your dude looked straight fatback with it! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21DONT TET THE BOWLCUT, SON.b, 21b, 21

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    It just occured to me that my only complaint about the first movie was that it had TOO MUCH story. So if they can find a mid point between the 2 they will have me hooked on Bond year after year just like when I was a kid.

• I just got my shoes shined (literally, not a figure of speech) and the shiner was going off about how bad this movie was. b, 21b, 21"He doesn't even say 'Bond, James Bond' once in the whole movie!"b, 21b, 21"The plot is about water."b, 21b, 21"There ain't even any gadgets in it."

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I just got my shoes shined b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Now thats some James Bond shit right there..... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21