Protools Cursor questions.

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Hey So.... This might sound a bit confusing... but somehow my options in protools have changed... I want it so when I click the curser somewhere... for the track to play there when I hit play. Instead... it plays from where the track last stopped and since i fiddled with some shit... now it just plays from the beggining. Its really messing up my work flow. How can I fix this.

Comments

• PLus.... is there just an overall preferences reset option?

• try Options > Dynamic Transport (control command P)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This should do the trick. I've had so many folks call and ask me about this. b, 21b, 21b, 21

Damn..Kinda hard to see.b, 21b, 21just go to options and select "Link timeline and edit selection"

• See im on 6.7 so I don't have an options menu. This is so f*cking annoying... and I used to be able to click a waveform chunk and it would autoloop that... and play at the beggining of it... now i have to manually drag out the loop in the min:secs part of the above timeline.b, 21b, 21This is f*cking annoying!

• Fixed... F*ck yea! thanks guys.

hmmm....just go through the menus up top and that option (link edit...) should be there. It's been the same since version 4 or something. If you need to just post a screen shot and I can pinpoint it. They just changed the name of the menus when they released version 7.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Hey So.... This might sound a bit confusing... but somehow my options in protools have changed... I want it so when I click the curser somewhere... for the track to play there when I hit play. Instead... it plays from where the track last stopped and since i fiddled with some shit... now it just plays from the beggining. Its really messing up my work flow. How can I fix this. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This sounds like insertion follows playback has been toggled, go to the options menu and look for "timeline insertion follows playback"b, 21b, 21Also you can just just hit the "N" key to toggle it which is probably what you originally did, I hit it all the time by accident.

• I fixed it. Thanks a million guys. I needed to do the link edit and timeline selection.b, 21b, 21You guys are awesome. Thank you very much.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Upgrade from 6.7 is definitely worth it; provided your hardware supports it. 8 is coming out soon though...

• if i upgrade to 7.4 now... i get the upgrade to 8 for free. I think I need to update my OS though... so I don't know what that costs. Im on a Mac. OSX i think. b, 21b, 21Im going to upgrade this week for sure. Elastic time sounds nice.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I fixed it. Thanks a million guys. I needed to do the link edit and timeline selection.b, 21b, 21You guys are awesome. Thank you very much. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21That used to drive me nuts when I was a Protools newbee.b, 21b, 21PT 8 is dropping soon!!!!b, 21b, 21Not to mention all the new PT AIR plugins, software sampler, E-piano, classic piano, guitar amp, drum machines etc...b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    New version makes me want to pick it up again although I just picked up Logic and a FF400. I really wish Pro Tools had better interface choices. I've heard surprisingly good things about this/a1 which would actually be ideal.