Is it wrong to kill pigeons?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Zimmern says pigeon is delicious. Roast that shit on the barbeque.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Kill them, but force your child to watch.b, 21b, 21b, 21WE all gotta learn the circle of life somehow.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Look into some stuff called Bird-X......clear glue like material in a caulking gun.....put some on the awning and they will go find another place to eat and shit....it doesn't hurt them, just makes them move.b, 21b, 21My Dad raises and flies "rats with wings" and he always explained the difference between a pure bred pigeon vs. a "street rat", trying to get my Mom to be more appreciative of his hobby.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Look into some stuff called Bird-X......clear glue like material in a caulking gun.....put some on the awning and they will go find another place to eat and shit....it doesn't hurt them, just makes them move.b, 21b, 21My Dad raises and flies "rats with wings" and he always explained the difference between a pure bred pigeon vs. a "street rat", trying to get my Mom to be more appreciative of his hobby. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21He ever eat one? I wonder what they taste like if "raised right."

• it feels right to kill pigeons.. until Mike Tyson catches you.

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Look into some stuff called Bird-X......clear glue like material in a caulking gun.....put some on the awning and they will go find another place to eat and shit....it doesn't hurt them, just makes them move.b, 21b, 21My Dad raises and flies "rats with wings" and he always explained the difference between a pure bred pigeon vs. a "street rat", trying to get my Mom to be more appreciative of his hobby. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Does he fly them at Jones Beach West End 2? I always see this one guy circling pigeons down there.b, 21b, 21Mike Tyson raised pigeons too. Does your dad hang with him?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Look into some stuff called Bird-X......clear glue like material in a caulking gun.....put some on the awning and they will go find another place to eat and shit....it doesn't hurt them, just makes them move.b, 21b, 21My Dad raises and flies "rats with wings" and he always explained the difference between a pure bred pigeon vs. a "street rat", trying to get my Mom to be more appreciative of his hobby. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21He ever eat one? I wonder what they taste like if "raised right." b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21It's called squab, and the French love it. Me, I lived in Santa Monica too long to eat any kind of pigeon. Plus, yardbird is bigger and less work.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Look into some stuff called Bird-X......clear glue like material in a caulking gun.....put some on the awning and they will go find another place to eat and shit....it doesn't hurt them, just makes them move.b, 21b, 21My Dad raises and flies "rats with wings" and he always explained the difference between a pure bred pigeon vs. a "street rat", trying to get my Mom to be more appreciative of his hobby. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Does he fly them at Jones Beach West End 2? I always see this one guy circling pigeons down there.b, 21b, 21Mike Tyson raised pigeons too. Does your dad hang with him? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21My Dad flies his just off of Wantagh Ave. across the street from MacArthur H.S.b, 21b, 21He's seen Tyson at some of the Auctions.b, 21b, 21Every Wednesday all his flying buddies meet at a feed store in Lindenhurst to drink beer and tell stories.....these dudes make record collectors look fairly normal.b, 21b, 21He's never eaten a pigeon but does tell a story about a woman in Brooklyn back in the day who flew pigeons for the sole purpose of luring others back to the house in time for her to cook it for dinner.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I got some roosting up around my awning. Mountains of pigeon shit in front of my gate. That shit is beyond gross. I can see them working this slightly open spot--trying to get into the attic. I tried many things. They get around it all. I got a pellet gun and I'm gonna end this now.b, 21b, 21Muthafucking flying rats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Come on F****...who do you want to kill more? Pigeons or baby boomers???

• my ex girl believed that heroine addicts reincarnated as pigeons. i had no evidence to refute her argument

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    not in these parts, dove season is right around the corner though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I know someone on the board who has faced this moral dilemma img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif" alt="" 21

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    /font1
    b, 21b, 21We got one of these.b, 21 img src="http://www.geocities.com/tgrey41/Accipiter3.jpg"1 b, 21Does the trick. b, 21 img src="http://www.skyvalley4u.com/Todayspic/coopers_hawk__blue_jay_2_2.jpg"1

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 is it wrong to kill pigeons? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yes. Find a way to deal without killing the poor little bastards.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21my ex girl believed that heroine addicts[/b] reincarnated as pigeons. i had no evidence to refute her argument b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21img src=http://animatedheroines.com/images/elastimages/shhincredibles1.jpeg1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Plaese to come to my town to kill as many grackles as you'd like...b, 21b, 21img src="http://bp2.blogger.com/_P3WkzQf7-fs/R7ivdVYPfoI/AAAAAAAAAH4/6ZriTT61A3k/s320/IMG_0022.JPG"1

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    You know, once you've killed the pigeons, there'll be at least as many ready to take their place. I suggest some other way of getting rid of them.

• do you rent or own? If you rent, have the landlord work on it. Those birds are dirty and get you sick with some nasty stuff. b, 21b, 21Has anyone ever seen that Verminators show on the Discovery Channel? They did one on a massive pigeon infestation. It was so gross. There was shit falling through cracks in the ceiling. Chunks of the ceiling were falling off because the moisture in the shit was making it rot. There dead pigeons up there too. b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/463.gif" alt="" 21

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I believe it is wrong. Put up some wire or something.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Zimmern says pigeon is delicious. Roast that shit on the barbeque. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21i had pigeon in hong kong, it was like a beaked head sticking up with about a gram of meat attached. wish i could come up with a more colorful description, but there was very very little meat to be had on it.

• "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died. I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." - Mike Tyson

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've had pigeon pie - it was ok, bit greasy though.b, 21b, 21Personally, being surrounded by scummy pigeons all day in london I'm all for regulating them. If it was rats on teh streets noone would care about laying traps for the bastards so I don't see why the flying version should be any different.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Poisoning Pigeons in the Park - Tom Lehrer b, 21b, 21Code:/font1h, 21pre1 param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5796910-d9a" 21 /pre1h, 21

• pigeons carry more disease than sewer rats apparently.b, 21b, 21blast those squatting fools

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 Bird-X......b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21My aim is terrible. I kept sailing the pellets past them on both sides and they were looking down at me, not budging, like "bitch please."b, 21b, 21I think I need this Bird X. Plus, I like anything with X at the end. To the X-treme X!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I can't believe the number of you who have eaten pigeon.b, 21b, 21PIGEON!b, 21b, 21b, 21what's next, deep fried ferret?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't believe the number of you who have eaten pigeon.b, 21b, 21PIGEON!b, 21b, 21b, 21what's next, deep fried ferret? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I know. Everytime I read this it makes me want to puke.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I can't believe the number of you who have eaten pigeon.b, 21b, 21PIGEON!b, 21b, 21b, 21what's next, deep fried ferret? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Put it in a pie and I'll give it a go.