professional dj furniture??

2»

Comments

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    and the shit is made out of fucking ply wood

whats wrong with plywood? i wouldn't build record shelves with CDX plywood, but some nice one good side or two good side plywood would look proper. plywood would be a lot better than the MDF the ikea shelves are made out of. and you will be paying through the nose for some hardwood ish. the eames fucked shit up all day with plywood, some of the best (and most comfortable) furniture to come out of that period.

yeah but you don't charge $795 for a box made out of plywood

real talk.

especially not when any kid who touched a powertool could build it.

escpecially when this only cost $550

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    [

real talk.

especially not when any kid who touched a powertool could build it.

escpecially when this only cost $550

there is one important thing everyone is forgetting about:
    Supply->Demand

EVERONE SITS. So chairs (like the Eames LCW above are in high demand, at least within the modern reissue circle). Herman Miller outsources those chairs to Davidson Plyforms who specialize in nothing but bent ply production. Long story short: They have a production line for those chairs and are able to keep it cheap because they have a plant of about 50 people working on them.

NOT EVERYONE DJs. So just imagine how big the market is for one of those wood DJ setups (in reagards to furniture sales, it is really really really small). I actually think that some of those prices are fair. And I bet the manufacturers are having a hard time making a profit on them, not because of the price, but because of the demand.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    the hanging coffin (minus the chick) looks dope and saves space, but is it practical? my guess is that when you scratch it starts swinging back and forth.

I lived in an old wooden house where we rigged up the decks from the ceiling like this as the house used to bounce when people were dancing at a party and records would skip. We added weights to the bottom of it and roped it to the floor to stop it swinging so much. It did the job well and was also good for doing gigs on boats.

• Update: I copied a picture of the "Standard" model from the dualsf website and put it on Craigslist to see if someone could make it for me (but cheaper). For less than half the price, here is what I got:

It sits on wheels like the one on the website, I also got the guy to make me a cover.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    That shit is hot, but it's just too expensive. You could make your own for half the price and it would be, of course, completely customized. I guess if you got the bling, have at it. I'd rather spend my savings on rakerdz. I'm glad your trying to put DSF out of business.

So how much did you have to drop?

• i thought i posted a pic of the one i got done, but i'm not seeing it. anyway, i got it for $425, which i thought was fair, considering how much the wood costs (a lot...so i was told...by him).

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Post the pic again!

• yeah that pic didnt seem to work..try again

• pic works now. check my last post.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    pic works now. check my last post.

still dont seem them, just post them up again, or atleast try to...