potentially controversial thread alert - PART II!!

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
ill just post this so dolo doesnt have to!!!b, 21b, 21http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/big-shots-by-digby-read-following.htmlb, 21b, 21/font1
Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 Barack Obama said he would improve the economy. Turns out he already has, at least in one retail niche: gun sales.b, 21b, 21 Starting in the days before the election, gun shops across the state have been mobbed by buyers who fear that Obama and a larger Democratic majority in Congress will restrict firearm sales.b, 21b, 21 Many were stocking up on things such as assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and handguns that they think would be the most likely targets of new laws, though practically everything related to shooting has been selling more quickly.b, 21b, 21 "It's been an absolute madhouse," said Trey Pugh, a manager at Jim's Pawn Shop in Fayetteville, which is selling 15 to 20 AR-15 assault rifles a day. "I'm getting guys come in and say I always wanted that gun, and give me that one too and that one and, oh, I need a gun safe, too."b, 21b, 21h, 21
b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21On the November 4 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, G. Gordon Liddy spoke to a caller who stated: "I'm ready to go to the concentration camp, that [Sen. Barack] Obama's police force -- he will round me up. Because I -- I'm a white American." Liddy then said, "Well, listen to this," and aired an edited clip of Obama [talking about the America Corps program] saying in a July 2 speech in Colorado Springs: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Liddy then stated: "Shades of the Gestapo. The Geheime Staatspolizei,"b, 21b, 21h, 21

Comments

• Didn't everyone already stock up on guns and ammo for Y2K?

• fukt

• File under, "white people being scared of people of color." Redundant, I say.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Didn't everyone already stock up on guns and ammo for Y2K? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This is what you've left behind, Marco - that story is from the front page of Saturday's N&O

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Didn't everyone already stock up on guns and ammo for Y2K? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This is what you've left behind, Marco - that story is from the front page of Saturday's N&O b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Meanwhile a local community radio host had a show on Prop 8 and basically dared any supporters to call in and him a sound legal reason why they voted "yes." b, 21b, 21Most callers were "no" voters who couldn't believe it passed, but one woman called in and said,b, 21b, 21 "Well, I was going to vote no, but those homosexuals are so arrogant. Gavin Newsom had the audacity to tell us that 'gay marriage is here to stay' and I didn't like that at all. Plus, whenever I go into West Hollywood I feel like they don't want me there. The gays are so rude! I was at a Starbucks and this one gay man refused to hold the door open for me. So I voted yes on Prop 8."b, 21b, 21Imagine. If only homosexuals could act like southern gentlemen, they could probably marry legally. Guess it's up to me and my Carolina etiquette to take a male lover, help homophobic women across the street and get 'er done.

• most lol worthy passage from that blogpostb, 21b, 21"I might chalk it up to a bunch of gun nuts using this as an excuse to buy some new toys, if it wasn't for the ugly nature of the conservative campaign against Barack Obama and the ongoing sense of paranoia and victimization that characterizes the right wing."b, 21b, 21No self-awareness what so f*cking ever.

• people don't fear blackwell though. i heard stirrings that they are going to start running blackwell over here in the US as a private 'security' firm.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21most lol worthy passage from that blogpostb, 21b, 21"I might chalk it up to a bunch of gun nuts using this as an excuse to buy some new toys, if it wasn't for the ugly nature of the conservative campaign against Barack Obama and the ongoing sense of paranoia and victimization that characterizes the right wing."b, 21b, 21No self-awareness what so f*cking ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21"kill him!"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shit, I didn't even realize Liddy was still alive!b, 21b, 21Well, at least the gun industry is making some money. Let's get ready for the trickle-down economic benefits, jyeah!b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I'm wondering: when does gun ownership ever go...down?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    sorry im still lolling @ the 'lack of self awareness' that goes on when dolo points out that someone pointing out that paranoid people are stocking up on guns is paranoid

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21sorry im still lolling @ the 'lack of self awareness' that goes on when dolo points out that someone pointing out that paranoid people are stocking up on guns is paranoid b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21THats called "Step 9".

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21most lol worthy passage from that blogpostb, 21b, 21"I might chalk it up to a bunch of gun nuts using this as an excuse to buy some new toys, if it wasn't for the ugly nature of the conservative campaign against Barack Obama and the ongoing sense of paranoia and victimization that characterizes the right wing."b, 21b, 21No self-awareness what so f*cking ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21"kill him!" b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21update your talking points

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    nice work - in a huge rally they interviewed 20 people (all mccain supporters?), therefore no one in the crowd could have possibly yelled 'kill him'b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21When contacted Wednesday afternoon, Singleton referred questions to Times-Tribune Metro Editor Jeff Sonderman. Sonderman said, ???We stand by the story. The facts reported are true and that???s really all there is.???b, 21b, 21h, 21