BOOTLEGGERS!! SS Need Your Help-R

igotthatbeatigotthatbeat 263 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
dear soulstrut, over the summer I made acquaintances with someone from france (now lives in the US) who I made a mix cd for w/ a bunch of rare boogie on it, most of which is not major label stuff.b, 21b, 21It's now been brought to my attention that dude is a big time bootlegger in france, his myspace page was brought to my attention where he is now promoting a "volume 4" bootleg CD that has many of the tracks that are on the mix that I gave to him.b, 21b, 21Dude seems to think that using your "friends" is part of the "music business", whatever...what I care about is him ripping off artists that never made it and probably have little to no money from their music career. especially with him having an "I could give a shit catch me if you can before i get paid off this" attitude.b, 21b, 21soulstrut, how would you approach this situation? is there something that can legitimately be done? would you go through an anti-piracy organization? or would you go by trying to contact the artists and find out out who has the rights to these songs and let their lawyer handle it?b, 21b, 21I really don't wanna come off as such a rat, but the line has been crossed and a piece of shit needs to be flushed down the toilet.

Comments

• I don't think you've got any legal grounds in regards to your mix (which i don't think you care about), but that shouldn't stop you from letting anyone of interest know what he's doing. Just send anyone involved a link to his project and tell them he's a herb. b, 21b, 21Be their wheels and get it rolling.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    who is he?