SOUL TRAIN clips on YouTube..Hard To Find

Hoosier_DaddyHoosier_Daddy 141 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Why are SOUL TRAIN clips so hard to find on YouTube?b, 21b, 21Don Cornelius must have something to do with this..Greedy ol bastadb, 21b, 21What gets me is,he'll probably never release dvd box sets of it,and therefor years from now a younger generation(now and years from now) will not get to see and hear all those great moments the show had.b, 21b, 21I have found a few clips on YouTube but they're not under the search of "SOUL TRAIN"..

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Why are SOUL TRAIN clips so hard to find on YouTube?b, 21b, 21Don Cornelius must have something to do with this..Greedy ol bastadb, 21b, 21What gets me is,he'll probably never release dvd box sets of it,and therefor years from now a younger generation(now and years from now) will not get to see and hear all those great moments the show had.b, 21b, 21I have found a few clips on YouTube but they're not under the search of "SOUL TRAIN".. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Stop cryin. b, 21b, 21Its a licensing nightmare to get that shit on DVD.b, 21b, 21He's not some greedy old bastard if he gave us 30 years of music.b, 21b, 21There were plans to create an ALL Soul Train Cable Channel. b, 21b, 21It is what it is. U missed out...Deal.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    A few years back, bootleg VHS tapes of all the good early 70s shows were pretty easily available... looked like they were aired on some Japanese TV station in the early toi mid 90s. I think I have pretty much everything from before '74. Especially the dance contests are totally off the hook.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 Especially the dance contests are totally off the hook. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I'd love to see these.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    All the 70s episodes of Soul Train were released on legit licensed VHS pre-records in Japan around 10 years ago or so. You can still find used copies in some shops in Japan. That is why a lot of the clips you see have Japanese subtitles. Don Cornelius also has a "Soul Train" radio station in Tokyo. The reason you don't see lots of 70s Soul Train clips on youtube or see 70s Soul Train episodes for sale on eBay is because Don Cornelius actually owns the rights to ALL of that stuff! Don Cornelius' lawyer keeps an eye on both eBay and youtube. Try to sell some Soul Train footage on eBay and dude will email you a cease and desist notice with the quickness.