Andrae Crouch and the Disciples

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I just found an album of his at the thrift store for a quarter... As far as Christian music goes, this stuff ain't too bad. I got "This is Just Another Day"... Is there anything else by him worth checking out?Sidenote... the thrift stores in my town are about 98% nothing but Christian records now... They used to pack heat...Peace...FNM

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    "Soulfully" has some really dope stuff on it. Dirty gritty ish!.. Yeah for Cristian funk I was pretty pleased

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Sidenote... the thrift stores in my town are about 98% nothing but Christian records now... They used to pack heat...

feeling your pain on this one, christian and christmas records lately...aside from the once and a while country soul gospel heeeeeat.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Just picked up a record Fr. Pat "My Life". Decent funk breaks.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I bought a record by them (name eludes me) on the strength of the entire Crusaders bunch playing on it, but was pretty unimpressed. Maybe it needs another listening?

- J

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    yeah the one I'm talkin about had some dope stuff on it....for being on Light

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Sidenote... the thrift stores in my town are about 98% nothing but Christian records now... They used to pack heat...

feeling your pain on this one, christian and christmas records lately...aside from the once and a while country soul gospel heeeeeat.
    Thought it was just me going through heaps of crap.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Thought it was just me going through heaps of crap.

I thought that was standard. Firestone Christmas anyone?

Very, very rarely have I pulled anything of interest from a thrift store. I remember once I pulled some 80's R&B/hip hop 12"s, that's it They've consolidated the mini-Goodwills here into like mega-Wal-Mart Goodwills and they're picked over by the masses.

I did pull one a Bruce Haack classic from a Goodwill in Southgate though.
    RPM soundtrack, too.
    Racial integration of a church instructional record.

Over a span of 8 years or so. Not so hot.

• ive bought tons of these LPs..and they have all been butt

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm bout to blow up spots and be the good samaritan digger-boy of the day

Look for production on gospel LP's from LEE YOUNG

...the secret is now out...