Psych Heads- Churchills/Jericho Jones Info

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
OK, so Friday I find a 2CD collection(sealed $5) of this Israeli psych-garage-prog act the Churchills, who then morphed into Jericho Jones upon relocating to the UK. In the little info I have found, it sounds like the og LPs are psych grails. Anyone com across any of their LPs in the field or have any more info about these mysterious dudes? All the liners in the CD booklet are in Hebrew! Some cool pics, though...they look like the Israeli Os Mutantes!

Comments

• ilkkailkka 31 Posts
    That Jericho Jones "'Junkies, Monkeys & Donkeys" LP is very good. There was a re-issue on Repertoire in the early 90's and it's available (CD/LP) now on Akarma records. I have that Akarma re-issue. Original pressings are very rare and expensive. Here is some information about the band.

Discography

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    The Churchills LP was reissued, I think by Akarma, maybe Shadoks, and its considered ULTRA RARE...6 stars in Pokora's book. I listened to it and it wasnt really my bag. Lots of fuzz, wailing guitar shit like that, but nothing that really caught me. I'd have to hear it again of course, but yeah you can get the reissue around. For other cool Isreali stuff, check out Arik Einstein... folk/ soft psych with some nice beats.. he probobly has 5 or 6 lps out. Shalom Chanoch has some cool ones too, he did stuff with Einstein as well.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    but nothing that really caught me

not even the song with the bong bubbling in the background?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    strictly hash these days

• there was a superb article / interview about the Churchills saga on Ugly Things mag last year. The Jericho Jones "Time is now" 45 is one of my faves.