Keeping your shoes clean (NER)

dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I know there's a lot of shoe obsessives on here, so how do you go about keeping your shoes looking their best?b, 21b, 21I've got some dirt/dust/grime/whatever on the side of my shoes, kinda stuck in some grooves. I've tried using a toothbrush and soap but I can't quite get them to come clean. Recommendations?b, 21b, 21Also, I've got some white scuff marks on some canvas that I can't get to come off either.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I know there's a lot of shoe obsessives on here, so how do you go about keeping your shoes looking their best?b, 21b, 21I've got some dirt/dust/grime/whatever on the side of my shoes, kinda stuck in some grooves. I've tried using a toothbrush and soap but I can't quite get them to come clean. Recommendations?b, 21b, 21Also, I've got some white scuff marks on some canvas that I can't get to come off either. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I used to do shoe repair. b, 21b, 21Folks don't try cleaning your shoes at home. Let a professional do it. b, 21b, 21This message brought to you by SMoA.

• This shiet works for me!!! I gots white/white Adidas and it makes dem so fresh and so clean. I use it for all my sneaks. b, 21b, 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21this man knows what the F*ck hes talking about. i used these on a 2 year old pair of shoes i wore to work almost everyday and got them looking almost brand new. works especially good on white soles.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Walk only on your soles and on dry areas.

• I've heard AirMax 90's can just be tossed in the laundry machine pretty safely.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    buy a new pair

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I've heard AirMax 90's can just be tossed in the laundry machine pretty safely. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Wash them as cold as you can, it keeps the adhesive used to bond the sole to the upper intact. I lost a 10 year old pair of Nike boots this way; shits had been from Cape Tribulation to 200KM into the Arctic Circle.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    All Nike shoes have to be washable in a laundry machine, it's a requirement for them to be produced. The problem is that some materials, especially the foam type stuff, doesn't look the same after being immersed in water. If you just want them clean, not "fresh", feel free to throw 'em in there.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Oxy Pads.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21buy a new pair b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" 21