WOW Latest South Park (Election Related)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Not sure how they banged this out so damn fast...b, 21b, 21http://www.sidereel.com/South_Park/_watchlinkviewer/13623b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    a south park episode gets created in 1 week so it is possible

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21a south park episode gets created in 1 week so it is possible b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21...and Obama just won on Tuesday.b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lvl.gif" alt="" 21

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    They definitely like to flaunt their computer animation prowess by having topical shows. I imagine they had a McCain wins story line mostly in the can as well but they definitely had stuff they could have only recorded today???quotes from the concession speech etc. They did a similar stunt with the Elian Gonzalez controversy and some other stuff since then.b, 21b, 21That said, outside of the topical context, it wasn't the strongest South Park this season. But kudos for the stunt.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21They definitely like to flaunt their computer animation prowess by having topical shows. I imagine they had a McCain wins story line mostly in the can as well but they definitely had stuff they could have only recorded today???quotes from the concession speech etc. They did a similar stunt with the Elian Gonzalez controversy and some other stuff since then.b, 21b, 21That said, outside of the topical context, it wasn't the strongest South Park this season. But kudos for the stunt. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah, wasn't the funniest episode but I just love how on top of things they are.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm somewhat inebriated so I apologize if my last post was somewhat garrulous. I think most people will not recognize the feat of producing a topical animated show. There's a story that on the Simpsons they had a kid do some voices on one of their shows. He was very excited afterwards, thinking he could tell his friends what was going to be on the Simpsons that week, but they had to explain that recording voice acting is typically one of the first steps in producing animation and the dialogue he recorded wouldn't be on the air for several months. I'm pretty sure the Ocean's 11 heist story line in this weeks South Park would have worked well regardless of who won, with a couple of tweaks.b, 21b, 21I think it's beddy-bye time for me.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    On a side note, what's up with half of the videos on http://www.southparkzone.com/ not being available due to "rights infringement" ?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21On a side note, what's up with half of the videos on http://www.southparkzone.com/ not being available due to "rights infringement" ? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The legitimate source for Southpark stuff is at http://www.southparkstudios.com/b, 21b, 21Link to episode: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/207897/

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ya stuff definitely had to be done in advance, and they did last minute tweaks. not the funniest i agree, but impressive for the speed of execution.

• The first 8 minutes of drunken obama partying had me rolling...b, 21b, 21The Ocean's 11 part was obviously pre-written, and not nearly as funny.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The first 8 minutes of drunken obama partying had me rolling...b, 21b, 21The Ocean's 11 part was obviously pre-written, and not nearly as funny. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yea i completely agree.... Cause I went on a total pro-obama bender the night before...b, 21b, 21Putting Obamas name into all the songs had me cracking the F*ck up.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The first 8 minutes of drunken obama partying had me rolling...b, 21b, 21The Ocean's 11 part was obviously pre-written, and not nearly as funny. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yea i completely agree.... Cause I went on a total pro-obama bender the night before...b, 21b, 21Putting Obamas name into all the songs had me cracking the F*ck up. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21all day, when i see him, i've been yelling...b, 21b, 21'o-ba-ma... he's so awesome and perfect and awesome!'

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    actually randy marsh did have me cracking up and ya i liked when he worked obama into the song lyrics. the funniest moment for me was when he did that song that homer sang to marge "oh margie you bought me a turkey" (i know thats not the original but thats how i remember the song) and instead it was "oh-bama...." lmao cause i thought of that song with obama's name in there instead before i even saw the episode! wierd mind i have.

• They were crazy fast with the Elian Gonzalez episode. It was like the day after they snagged that kid out of the house.