Palin comes out smelling like roses

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Well, in all fairness, I dont' see why people here are so hot to believe some shit Fox News is reporting on when, 99.9% of the rest of the time, they don't trust 'em. b, 21b, 21Convenient, no?

• Come on now, the issue isn't whether or not Palin *actually* didn't know these things; that the mere suggestion sounds plausible is all anyone needs to know.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Of course the alaskan personnel board, the body which actually has powers to investigate and rule over ethics complaints, completely exhonerated her. Just as dolo maintained it would. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't know firing someone who you have a personal grudge with because he broke up with your sister and then firing the person you were having fire this person because they wouldn't sounds like ethics violations to me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21She did not fire her ex-brother in law. She fired her top cop for not firing him. At least that is the allegation.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Come on now, the issue isn't whether or not Palin *actually* didn't know these things; that the mere suggestion sounds plausible is all anyone needs to know. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21True that. b, 21b, 21However, I don't think Palin's lack of, um, intellectual gifts will hold her back. b, 21b, 21See: Bush.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, but see Bush's bankrollio/family name more importantly.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I would take these reports that palin didn't know africa was a country with the same seriousness b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Er... Africa isn't a country, dude.b, 21b, 21Did you go to school with La Palinista? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21What a surprise, the one with dumb opinions is...well...dumb.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Of course the alaskan personnel board, the body which actually has powers to investigate and rule over ethics complaints, completely exhonerated her. Just as dolo maintained it would. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't know firing someone who you have a personal grudge with because he broke up with your sister and then firing the person you were having fire this person because they wouldn't sounds like ethics violations to me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yeah, and in your head that post sounded like a good point. Even the horribly hacky branchflower report was forced to concede she had legitimate reasons to reassign monegan. It concluded she had committed an ethics by deliberately misinterpreting the ethics act and then based upon that misinterpretation assuming without evidence that she wanted wooten fired, assuming without evidence the complaints her and her husband had made about wooten were motivated purely by animus and assuming without evidence that monegans failure to fire wooten was the reason she reassigned monegan.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Of course the alaskan personnel board, the body which actually has powers to investigate and rule over ethics complaints, completely exhonerated her. Just as dolo maintained it would. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't know firing someone who you have a personal grudge with because he broke up with your sister and then firing the person you were having fire this person because they wouldn't sounds like ethics violations to me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yeah, and in your head that post sounded like a good point. Even the horribly hacky branchflower report was forced to concede she had legitimate reasons to reassign monegan. It concluded she had committed an ethics by deliberately misinterpreting the ethics act and then based upon that misinterpretation assuming without evidence that she wanted wooten fired, assuming without evidence the complaints her and her husband had made about wooten were motivated purely by animus and assuming without evidence that monegans failure to fire wooten was the reason she reassigned monegan. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Dude. The fact that you actually know these men's names proves that you've spent real time on this B.S. No one worth having a discussion with actually cares about "Troopergate." It's an invented political distraction like this whole Bill Ayers thing. Pfft.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i disagree; i think that she fired monegan because he wouldnt fire her brother in lawb, 21b, 21whether or not he should have fired her brother in law doesnt really matter

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Of course the alaskan personnel board, the body which actually has powers to investigate and rule over ethics complaints, completely exhonerated her. Just as dolo maintained it would. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't know firing someone who you have a personal grudge with because he broke up with your sister and then firing the person you were having fire this person because they wouldn't sounds like ethics violations to me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yeah, and in your head that post sounded like a good point. Even the horribly hacky branchflower report was forced to concede she had legitimate reasons to reassign monegan. It concluded she had committed an ethics by deliberately misinterpreting the ethics act and then based upon that misinterpretation assuming without evidence that she wanted wooten fired, assuming without evidence the complaints her and her husband had made about wooten were motivated purely by animus and assuming without evidence that monegans failure to fire wooten was the reason she reassigned monegan. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Dude. The fact that you actually know these men's names proves that you've spent real time on this B.S. No one worth having a discussion with actually cares about "Troopergate." It's an invented political distraction like this whole Bill Ayers thing. Pfft. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yes, because unlike most of the idiots here who presumed her guilt for reasons of political tribalism and mouthed insincere platitudes about caring about the honesty of their officials I actually do care. It was important to me to know whether the prospective VP was corrupt. That is why I spent 'real time' on bothering to try and ascertain whether she was was actually guilty before pronouncing her so.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Of course the alaskan personnel board, the body which actually has powers to investigate and rule over ethics complaints, completely exhonerated her. Just as dolo maintained it would. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't know firing someone who you have a personal grudge with because he broke up with your sister and then firing the person you were having fire this person because they wouldn't sounds like ethics violations to me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21yeah, and in your head that post sounded like a good point. Even the horribly hacky branchflower report was forced to concede she had legitimate reasons to reassign monegan. It concluded she had committed an ethics by deliberately misinterpreting the ethics act and then based upon that misinterpretation assuming without evidence that she wanted wooten fired, assuming without evidence the complaints her and her husband had made about wooten were motivated purely by animus and assuming without evidence that monegans failure to fire wooten was the reason she reassigned monegan. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Dude. The fact that you actually know these men's names proves that you've spent real time on this B.S. No one worth having a discussion with actually cares about "Troopergate." It's an invented political distraction like this whole Bill Ayers thing. Pfft. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yes, because unlike most of the idiots here who presumed her guilt for reasons of political tribalism and mouthed insincere platitudes about caring about the honesty of their officials I actually do care. It was important to me to know whether the prospective VP was corrupt. That is why I spent 'real time' on bothering to try and ascertain whether she was was actually guilty before pronouncing her so. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21It's a minor issue, is all that I was saying. It was an aggrandized distraction from the beginning, like most political issues near an election. Alaska "corruption" isn't ever going to be comparable to our good old film-at-eleven Chicago Corruption.b, 21b, 21b, 21That's not malfeasance:b, 21

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Something is not right in Alaska.b, 21b, 21I smell major voter fraud...b, 21b, 21http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6654

• can someone please explain the al franken situation in minnesota??