DJ Dusk Rootdown Soundclash DVD

snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
DJ Dusk Rootdown Soundclash DVDb,121Anyone buy this yet? Looks great, probably try and order it next week. Any reviews? All of the battles look amazing, not sure of the format for the battles though...b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121and if this is old news let me save you some timeb,121a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"1img src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3488/oldyoutubesmallvb1.jpg"1/a1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• cut chemist's interuption sounded sickb,121and a good hat dis from thes one

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i hope these fools that put this shit out are doing the right thing with the money they making off my dead homie...b,121b,121RIP KING DUSK, you were the true LA player homie...b,121often imitated never duplicated. BIG BAD VOBLOSMALOS b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The money is going to some sort of fund agreed with Dusk's parents dude. It's put out by B+'s company... just to dispel any rumours or internet speculation before it starts...b,121b,121R.I.P. to Dusk. This furthers his legacy. Support it. I ordered a copy.b,121b,121peace.

• will.i.am looks mad. He was attacking thes with some sawtooth. I started to feel uncomfortable.

• Jesus how do you think i felt. When he took his shirt off i wanted to get off of the stage.b, 21b, 21I don't have any part in releasing this, but for what it's worth, i am donating any proceeds i may make from this project to a music charity here in LA. b, 21b, 21Firme, check out a song on our album Fun DMC called "D".

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Jesus how do you think i felt. When he took his shirt off i wanted to get off of the stage.b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I love how he keeps attacking you with sawtooth like "what's up know."b, 21b, 21Have you seen him since that night?

• Yeah, things are all good. b, 21b, 21But that night i was rolling pretty much solo and his whole management crew were trying to bring it, funny enough.

• i copped this ages ago...will.i.am's performance is uncomfortable to watch at the best of times, some of the beats were just noise to my ears.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Jesus how do you think i felt. When he took his shirt off i wanted to get off of the stage.

I love how he keeps attacking you with sawtooth like "what's up know."

He comes across as such an assclown. Thes was obviously having a good time and doing his thing, and dude just stands to the side the whole time like a spoiled brat. I really wish the crowd had picked up on it more and put him in his place.. that shit was ridiculous.

• he comes across as such an assclown
    ...true tho, but that shouldn't matter, thes' beats flowed waay better than his noise

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Dope DVD. Sound Quality could have been better but well worth the purchase. Thes vs. Will I Am was funny as shit. Will got beats though he was going buckwild with his little bass button. Thes you took it in my book with the Jackson 5 Steel Drum joint. And the 2 Close for Comfort was over cats heads in a good way.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That video clip up top looks mad fun, like I wish I was there, and since I wasn't I would definitely like to check the video... but I don't think I will because...

i hope these fools that put this shit out are doing the right thing with the money they making off my dead homie...

RIP KING DUSK, you were the true LA player homie...
    often imitated never duplicated. BIG BAD VOBLOSMALOS

The money is going to some sort of fund agreed with Dusk's parents dude. It's put out by B+'s company... just to dispel any rumours or internet speculation before it starts...

R.I.P. to Dusk. This furthers his legacy. Support it. I ordered a copy.

peace.

Looks like the "speculation" as you put it was correct...

... not to stir up a hornets nest but what the drill? On the level or ?

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I have complete respect for DJ Dusk and his Legacy. I knew the man, and he was a great individual. I just don't understand were this thread is going with all the suspected wrong doing? Yes, he was the host but not some much one of the active artists featured in the DVD. It does not seem to me that they are trying to capitalize on his name. His name is on it out of complete respect from were I am sitting. I have never heard anything remotely foul about B+ and his camp.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    If anything was Dusk's legacy it was all the time he spent at Mar Vista. It's lovely that they're remembering him like that. I wish I was in LA.

• ReedReed 97 Posts
    Thes vs. Will.i.am reminded me of Zoolander with all those dance-moves homie was doing

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Finally watched this.

Further confirmation of why Will.i.am is a piece of sh*t.

Madlib cannot scratch to save his life.

Thes those first two beats had me bugged. Put out that J5/Esso joint!