swing states stand up

chasechase 767 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I have to say, here in Tampa I am seeing a hell of a lot more Obama signs then McCain. McCain had a rally yesterday and there was supposed to be a turn out of 10,000, only 1300 showed up. b, 21b, 21Jimmy Buffett had a free concert on Sunday for Obama support and had a huge turn out, with almost no protesters from the other side.b, 21b,121I also live near a voting location, and my daughter got applause for her Obama tee-shirt on her way to the bus.

Comments

• Indiana has been a red state for the last 40 years! Right now it looks like it could go either way. It's kinda nice knowing that your vote might actually make a difference.

• Philly = blue stateb,121PA accounted for!!!!!!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Virginia may be swinging

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Jimmy Buffet?b, 21b,121Damn.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Jimmy Buffet?b, 21b,121Damn. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b, 21I knew Jimmy Buffett was a righteous dude when he got up at the Katrina benefit at MSG and whipped out 'Fortune Teller'.

• I was in line for close to three hours this morning in the rain. I listened to Z-Trip's Obama mix on my iPod. It was great to see so many people in line to vote though. Spirits were high!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Indiana has been a red state for the last 40 years! Right now it looks like it could go either way. It's kinda nice knowing that your vote might actually make a difference. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121My mom was born in Southern Indiana and my grandma lived there until she died, so I was there a lot as a youth. The fact that its "color" is in question at all is the biggest stunner to me, having been there a whole lot.