Yes You Can!

cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Dear U.S Struttersb, 21For ages I??ve been following your posts and discussions, reading the News (every 2 hours at the Moment), enjoying Videos or Mixes on Obama.b,121I want to tell you, that your work for democracy, wich affected the whole country, affects the Rest of the World, too. Many Peolpe start to think about politics, democracy, and it shows how people can change it.b, 21The way it happened in the U.S is the most beautiful way, because it happens with creativity, respect, and a lot of heart.b, 21Over here in Europe we saw Artists on stage, in Interviews, apologising 8 years now, for what their Governemet did. These days are over now.b,121This Generation of people knew, the fortune is in their hand.They took the opportuntity and worked very hard.b,121I hope, this will inspire the same generations in different countries, to act the same way, a giant butterfly effect...b, 21As many of you know, we heartly embrace the American people. Go on, show us one more time that the american dream exists.b,121I wish you luck.b, 21b,121P.S: Sorry for misspellings, I try my best.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Absolutely.b, 21b,121Almost without exception, every show i have seen in the past 8 years by an American act has included the obligatory "we didnt vote for Bush, we are sorry" speech.b,121b,121It has been them vs. us for 8 years now, time for us to take it back. b, 21b, 21Now is your hour American strutters, make history today.b, 21b,121the world is watching.

• i wish you guys could vote...seriously if it were non american voting it'd be a landslide, but for now we have the nation state system. i'm not in the US in the moment, but the tension is palpable (i can even feel it over here). i see people interested in obama even in taiwan asking me about him and whatnot. i really think the whole world is watching.b, 21b, 21god speed!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Huge co-sign to this wonderful post! The world is watching indeed, I'm sure many people over here wish they could cast their vote for Obama as well! I gotta get up at 7am for work, but I'll try to stay up all night following the election.b,121b,121Please make history today!

I am in the office today in Amsterdam, NL and more people are wearing Obama buttons/tshirts than not.b, 21b, 21There is an electric vibe here, people are focused on this and this alone.b, 21b,121I can only imagine the atmosphere in the USA.

• Dear European strutters, b, 21b,121Screw you. If we elect Obama, it's our choice, but the general opinion or attitudes of Europeans should not factor into the thinking of any American voter. Here's some real talk. Those black sites, where alleged Muslim terrorists are tortured, are not only on European soil, but they are on European soil with the consent and cooperation of your governments. That's right. France, Holland, Germany agreed to extraordinary rendition from the get go. Here's another thing. You in Europe have far more unwarranted state surveillance than we do. But you never read about it in European papers because there is also more censorship on national security issues. American tax payers have been paying for the troops that protected free Europe from the commie Soviets for two generations now. Before that it was the Marshall plan and helping win World War 2. What exactly have you Europeans done for our collective security--besides spy on Muslims and host secret prisons? In the 1990s, when Clinton realized that there were some countries that were undermining the international system--Iran, Iraq--most European countries just saw this as an opportunity to open the markets. Now a former German president is on the board of Gazprom. Europeans have been protesting America for ages. Remember the demonstrations against the Pershing missiles? It reflects the fact that you are a dying and old continent that can't write a decent rock song and resent geopolitical winners when they aren't wearing viking helmets or orchestrating an international slave trade. Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. You post-national douche bags. Go listen to some MC Solarz on the Jazzmatazz record. Abba-loving batches. b, 21b, 21Hugs and Cuddles, b, 21b,121Vitamin

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dear European strutters, b, 21b,121Screw you. If we elect Obama, it's our choice, but the general opinion or attitudes of Europeans should not factor into the thinking of any American voter. Here's some real talk. Those black sites, where alleged Muslim terrorists are tortured, are not only on European soil, but they are on European soil with the consent and cooperation of your governments. That's right. France, Holland, Germany agreed to extraordinary rendition from the get go. Here's another thing. You in Europe have far more unwarranted state surveillance than we do. But you never read about it in European papers because there is also more censorship on national security issues. American tax payers have been paying for the troops that protected free Europe from the commie Soviets for two generations now. Before that it was the Marshall plan and helping win World War 2. What exactly have you Europeans done for our collective security--besides spy on Muslims and host secret prisons? In the 1990s, when Clinton realized that there were some countries that were undermining the international system--Iran, Iraq--most European countries just saw this as an opportunity to open the markets. Now a former German president is on the board of Gazprom. Europeans have been protesting America for ages. Remember the demonstrations against the Pershing missiles? It reflects the fact that you are a dying and old continent that can't write a decent rock song and resent geopolitical winners when they aren't wearing viking helmets or orchestrating an international slave trade. Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. You post-national douche bags. Go listen to some MC Solarz on the Jazzmatazz record. Abba-loving batches. b, 21b, 21Hugs and Cuddles, b, 21b,121Vitamin b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You sound old.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121my god you're right! What would be the best approach to tackle this? I was thinking maybe some kind of rap song where I channel the spirits of cultures my nation have ravaged using nothing but crude stereotypes?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121my god you're right! What would be the best approach to tackle this? I was thinking maybe some kind of rap song where I channel the spirits of cultures my nation have ravaged using nothing but crude stereotypes? b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dear European strutters, b, 21b,121Screw you. If we elect Obama, it's our choice, but the general opinion or attitudes of Europeans should not factor into the thinking of any American voter. Here's some real talk. Those black sites, where alleged Muslim terrorists are tortured, are not only on European soil, but they are on European soil with the consent and cooperation of your governments. That's right. France, Holland, Germany agreed to extraordinary rendition from the get go. Here's another thing. You in Europe have far more unwarranted state surveillance than we do. But you never read about it in European papers because there is also more censorship on national security issues. American tax payers have been paying for the troops that protected free Europe from the commie Soviets for two generations now. Before that it was the Marshall plan and helping win World War 2. What exactly have you Europeans done for our collective security--besides spy on Muslims and host secret prisons? In the 1990s, when Clinton realized that there were some countries that were undermining the international system--Iran, Iraq--most European countries just saw this as an opportunity to open the markets. Now a former German president is on the board of Gazprom. Europeans have been protesting America for ages. Remember the demonstrations against the Pershing missiles? It reflects the fact that you are a dying and old continent that can't write a decent rock song and resent geopolitical winners when they aren't wearing viking helmets or orchestrating an international slave trade. Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. You post-national douche bags. Go listen to some MC Solarz on the Jazzmatazz record. Abba-loving batches. b, 21b, 21Hugs and Cuddles, b, 21b,121Vitamin b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Damn, Eli. Don't hold back???tell 'em how you really feel.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Vitamin/Elyb,121b,121Ok it's a fraught day for you, your candidate looks like getting blown out of the water real bad, it feels like the end of the world but you CAN get through this.b,121b,121Plaese to report to the panic attack thread.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    wow, I'm not sure which post makes me cringe more, the original one or vitamins' answer.

Dear European strutters,

Screw you. If we elect Obama, it's our choice, but blablablablablabla
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

b,1

Hugs and Cuddles,

Vitamin
    b,1

font size="+99"1Fail/font1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 img src="http://www.sivacracy.net/archives/184_patriot.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Wow....I was with him until the fanny pack....

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Dear European strutters, b,121b,121Screw you. If we elect Obama, it's our choice, but the general opinion or attitudes of Europeans should not factor into the thinking of any American voter. Here's some real talk. Those black sites, where alleged Muslim terrorists are tortured, are not only on European soil, but they are on European soil with the consent and cooperation of your governments. That's right. France, Holland, Germany agreed to extraordinary rendition from the get go. Here's another thing. You in Europe have far more unwarranted state surveillance than we do. But you never read about it in European papers because there is also more censorship on national security issues. American tax payers have been paying for the troops that protected free Europe from the commie Soviets for two generations now. Before that it was the Marshall plan and helping win World War 2. What exactly have you Europeans done for our collective security--besides spy on Muslims and host secret prisons? In the 1990s, when Clinton realized that there were some countries that were undermining the international system--Iran, Iraq--most European countries just saw this as an opportunity to open the markets. Now a former German president is on the board of Gazprom. Europeans have been protesting America for ages. Remember the demonstrations against the Pershing missiles? It reflects the fact that you are a dying and old continent that can't write a decent rock song and resent geopolitical winners when they aren't wearing viking helmets or orchestrating an international slave trade. Seriously Europe. You should still be apologizing for centuries of your own colonialism before wagging the dirty finger at Bush because he removed a mass-murdering tyrant who was bribing half of your politicians anyway. You post-national douche bags. Go listen to some MC Solarz on the Jazzmatazz record. Abba-loving batches. b,121b,121Hugs and Cuddles, b,121b,121Vitamin b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 img src="http://www.sivacracy.net/archives/184_patriot.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I NEED THAT FANNY PACK!b, 21b, 21b, 21PM FOR TRADE LIST!

• like I said in the last-day-in-America-as-we-know-it thread:b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I want with all my heart to see Obama elected, and have been doing my best to make it happen among family and friends.b,121b, 21But I wholeheartedly reject the notion that we somehow owe it to the rest of the world to elect him. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1