Locate Your Polling Place TODAY

2»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    "polling place". not just another word for the punani.

• Southern Baptist Church in my old neighborhood(my DL address says a different area, but i'm told it doesn't matter). Bad thing is I can't go to around 6pm, so I am guessing it's going to be pretty busy.

• Walking distance from the crib. Voting, and dropping wife off at the train.b, 21b, 21b, 21Extra special props to all the parents bringing the young'uns'. Voting with my parents left an indelible mark on me, and is why I am aware today. b,121b,121b, 21b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• Just voted here in Park Slope, Bergen Street, early-bird, hoping to beat the rush. No such luck. Waited in line 45 minutes. Poll workers and old neighborhood heads were saying they've never seen it so busy, by far. b, 21b,121This of course augurs well for high turnout. People need to be patient though, some polling places will be a bit overwhelmed.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just voted in Woodridge neighborhood, NE DC at a Baptist Church on Bladensburg Ave. BIG turnout, with the older folks (along with me and the wife) showing up in force an hour early before 7am opening, the line was already around the block shortly after we showed up at 6am. Things moved at a pretty brisk, if unorganized, pace, and no one wanted to use the automated machines, paper ballots were the rule! Fact is, the paper ballot system the use in DC couldn't be easier and flowed smoothly and quickly. Lots of optimism, lots of video cameras, and several of the older folks talking about growing up in the south and beaming about how important today is, living through bus boycotts and waiting until the white folks were vaccinated first before they could get shots as children. It was pretty humbling to be there for such a monumental event. Not just another election day, that's for sure.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    got to the poll @ 6amb, 2115 minute line & doneb, 21wifey just left to take elderly obama voters to the pollsb, 21b,121word of machine problems southside, richmond & fairfax

• I just heard on the radio people are being turned away in Newport News, Va and other places in the state. What's up w/ that?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I woke up at 5:15 and as soon as I saw the clock, snapped wide awake. I just voted so fucking hard I think I got the ballot box pregnant.b, 21b,121I took a couple of cell shots for y'all.b, 21b,121My polling place:b, 21b, 21img src="http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/Great_Blue_Hills/Polls.jpg"1b, 21b, 21My ballot:b, 21b, 21img src="http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/Great_Blue_Hills/Ballot.jpg"1b, 21b, 21Didn't have to wait long. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of college kids, and those motherfuskas won't be up 'til noon. I threw on Lords of the Underground - Here Come the Lords as I left my apartment, and was walking out of the polling place during Check It (Remix). Hell, I was walking into work during Chief Rocka.b, 21b, 21b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/870.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerbang.gif" alt="" 21

• Yeah, i'm definitely snapping a cell shot of my ballot to keep to remember such a great day(fingers crossed!)