Dallas earthquake last night

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I have lived in Dallas my whole life and never heard of this happening around here.b, 21b,121I was DJ'ing at a bar last night outside on the patio and didn't feel a thing, but that could have been because of the beer, too. But no one else seemed to notice either.b,121b,121a href="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/103108dnmetearthquake.167675aa4.html#slcgm_comments_anchor" target="_blank"1http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...comments_anchor/a1 b, 21b, 21As a bonus, a girl did ask me if Grand Pubas "You Know How It Goes" was Q-Tip. I said yes just to make her feel smart and flirt.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The center was here in Irving but we had no signs of it when we got to work today.b,121b,121It was a 3.0 which I believe is the equivilent of Nate Newton falling down a flight of stairs.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121As a bonus, a girl did ask me if Grand Pubas "You Know How It Goes" was Q-Tip. I said yes just to make her feel smart and flirt. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You are wise!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Often times for a small earthquake like that whether you feel it can depend on if you're standing up or sitting down. When we stand there's a lot of reflexive corrections that occur to keep us upright without conscious thinking. This reflex can mask the small oscillations of an earthquake for those upright, whereas if you're sitting your ass doesn't correct for shit. The sound of an earthquake was probably easily masked by the party and unless you're looking at something hanging like a chandelier you're probably not going to see anything.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It was a 3.0 which I believe is the equivilent of Nate Newton falling down a flight of stairs. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121NICE