john roberts?

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
left field decision. who is this dude?

Comments

• left field decision. who is this dude?

someone aligned with bush's agenda it seems.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I prefer this John Roberts

it looks like things are going to get worse before they get better.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

I AM SHOCKED[/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Yep. I'm guessing that Alberto Gonzales' rep was too questionable. Also: Roberts is only 50. If appointed, he'll be on the bench for a good 30 years.

Roe v. Wade's days are numbered. My prediction: abortions will be illegal in the U.S. in less than a decade.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My real name on blast. The shame, I tells ya. I'll stick with the sophisticated guy, not the herb from Buffalo.
    Peace
    T.N. aka JR

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Roe v. Wade's days are numbered. My prediction: abortions will be illegal in the U.S. in less than a decade.

No, Roe just prevents states from outlawing abortion; abortion will remain available in many places, but it will be illegal in Arkansas, Georgia, and the rest of the bible belt.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    and the bush legacy has just been solidified.

lets just wait for rehnquist to keel over on bush's clock...i will offically moving to india (or have my citizenship revoked and deported).

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Although he is known as the man who wrote a brief saying that the Endangered Species Act may be illegal, he is apparently a very nice man.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

No, Roe just prevents states from outlawing abortion; abortion will remain available in many places, but it will be illegal in Arkansas, Georgia, and the rest of the bible belt.

Slippery slope?

• Roe v. Wade's days are numbered. My prediction: abortions will be illegal in the U.S. in less than a decade.

Slippery slope?

Very.

I saw a guy on Fox News a few weeks ago who's running a movement to get Christian fundamentalists to move to South Carolina because of it's more "hospitable" environment to their way of life. It looks like things will be getting more hospitable as the years go by...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Slippery slope?

Very.

I saw a guy on Fox News a few weeks ago who's running a movement to get Christian fundamentalists to move to South Carolina because of it's more "hospitable" environment to their way of life. It looks like things will be getting more hospitable as the years go by...

Let them all move to SC, sorry to all strutters located there, but let them move there. They can have that state we'll take the rest of the country. If it were only that simple. They would have less power in one state. The problem is, if anyone saw the red and blue map in Nov., they are the voting majority in a lot of states. Don't underestimate them.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    If it were only that simple.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    solidly conservative, with very little time on the bench so the Dems don't have much to attack him on. He hasn't issued many opinions, and the ones he has are snoozers. Expect him to get through...

He looks like a cross between (drum roll)

Pat Sajak

+

Tom Hanks

+

Frank Burns

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    My prediction:

best decision Bush has made, politically speaking(for Bush), in a minute. Dude will be grilled, but like Deepstank said, the Dems really have nothing to pin him down on except for one brief he signed while repping a client that said that Roe v Wade should be overturned. Not enuff. He is solid white bread from what the media is reporting, and will most likely get pushed through with little of the nashing of teeth that we thought we would see. Bible thumpers get a dude they can praise Jesus for, but the middling majority just has to wait and see because there is nothing obviously nefarious about the guy, and he wasn't outspoken about shit like Bork was. He's just a Conservative judge who learned to keep shit close to the vest.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    free legal counsel to jeb bush during 2000 mis-direction-election

the fix is still in

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

img src="
    [img]http://www.nndb.com/people/377/000022311/pat-sajak.jpg" alt="" />
    Pat Sajak

Straight Pimp ...I wanted this cats job ever since I was in diapers

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Slippery slope?

No, it's not really that type of an issue.

Overturning Roe would place the abortion issue in the hands of the states. Certain states--including the entire bible belt--are then likely to outlaw it, but that's not an attitude that's going to contaminate the legislatures of places like New York and California.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Slippery slope?

No, it's not really that type of an issue.

Overturning Roe would place the abortion issue in the hands of the states. Certain states--including the entire bible belt--are then likely to outlaw it, but that's not an attitude that's going to contaminate the legislatures of places like New York and California.

Ah. Well, there's a silver lining, at least. Illinois isn't likely to follow suit, either.

• right field decision. who is this dude?

fuck a jawn roberts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

img src="
    [img]http://www.nndb.com/people/377/000022311/pat-sajak.jpg" alt="" />
    Pat Sajak

Straight Pimp ...I wanted this cats job ever since I was in diapers
    I have no proof... but I think this man may really be a robot.