Dakah Hip Hop Orchestra (Poll Related)

ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1121815877ehuffman">

The Dakah Hip Hop Orchestra is:[/b]The future of hip hopAcid jazz rehashed with MCsWho the fuck are they?Execute Code 66INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">I think its a little Acid Jazz ish con

Comments

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1121815877ehuffman">

The Dakah Hip Hop Orchestra is:[/b]

The future of hip hop

Acid jazz rehashed with MCs

Who the fuck are they?

Execute Code 66

INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

I think its a little Acid Jazz ish con

E) just plain dope.

Just curioius, have you seen them, or just heard them? And if you have seen them, was it the full 30 piece setup?

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i was serviced one of their 12"s, i think they where remaking/covering jazz thing and some roots tracks. anyways, it was straight, i was hoping for more, some tracks they didnt do them justice, but i gotta listen to the record again and happens with be with the rest of my collection 8 hours away

• was it the full 30 piece setup?

i think at times it is alot more than this. like 70? basically when stage space makes it possible.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    seen them twice with their full orchestra and even more. i thought the music was dope, some very good musicians (i'm thinking of the dude who played the jimi hendrix solo on his violin, but there are others too). california soul with fanny franklin was dope. i thought the part where they were playing gangstarr tracks / loops and have some other emcee freestyling over the top was .

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I think they are definelty something you should try to see live. I also got the promo and it was okay, but I did get to see them live and it was . Definetly worth it!!! I dont think they travel too much, as it would be hell-on-earth trying to get 70+ musicians together to go on tour. Ive suggested to them that they rent a few train cars and do a Whistle Stop Tour.