E-MU SP 1200 revisited...

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I know the SP 1200 has been discussed before, I've read the threads...b,121b,121I'm trying to buy one, but wondering about the differences between the grey and black versions... b, 21b, 21I've noticed that some say "E-Mu Systems SP-1200" on the back, while some say only "SP 1200". Is this just a difference between the first and later models?b, 21b, 21Anything I should be aware of when buying a vintage machine like this? b, 21b, 21I was gonna get an MPC, had trouble deciding between the early, and newer models... I've decided to go vintage. I plan on getting an SP 1200, and later a 2000 xl since they are so damn cheap right now. b, 21b, 21Is this a stupid idea?b, 21b, 21All the advice I am getting is telling me just to get a computer program, and forget hardware... That is completely unappealing to me. Practical maybe, but not appealing...b,121b,121Thanks in advance,b,121Mimizu

Comments

• I have owned the original grey and you can literally fry an egg on it after a little bit of use. Also you need the fuse for the back. b, 21b, 21I have read that the black reissue fixed both of these issues.

• the black and grey sps are pretty much the exact same, the earlier grey models have some power supply issues...getting very hot, etc. but the newer black models have corrected this. id say that your biggest concern will be if the filters are in proper working order and that the buttons dont stick. however if u can get a cheap one with said issues...do that and send it to forat. itll be cheaper than getting one in perfect working order. and if your img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/baller3ae.gif" alt="" /1 status you can cop your custom sp there toob,121b,121img src="http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc349/steadymurphy/BlackSP1200.jpg"1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121a 2000 xl since they are so damn cheap right now. b,121 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121wish i knew this shit was going on. just sold mine for a shitty 250