Risco Connection 12'' Question b/w BOB BANNISTER

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Maybe my magic sleuthing skills are slippin' but I can't find a recent issue of that 12'' with both the dub and full version, does this exist or is this marcofunk level of raer?b,121b,121and yo, the search made me find thisb, 21b,121/font1
Quote:/font1h,121b,121This is dope, a little comp of a bunch of the rare and sought after Risco Connection material. It's some of that 'dub disco' stuff that is all flavor of the month right now, so I guess it's high time the most famous record from that movement gets the reissue treatment. "Ain't No Stoppin Us Now" is the famous cut by these dudes, and for good reason. They take McFadden and Whitehead through the wash of strings, delayed out keyboards, thick suffocating bass, dancehall bleep and an incessant reggae rhythm that just puts the track on another level. This reissue only has the dub version(1), which is actually alright because it includes real choice vocal moments being filtered in and out while keeping the rhythm riding heavy in the mix. It almost has that cloudy Cadet vibe going with the strings and pronounced bass and just the general vibe-out going on. MANCUSO LOFT GARAGE LEVAN CLASSIC GAY. "Risco Music(2)" is similarly dope, relying on that reggae backbeat to carry the spaced out disco groove. This also has a version of Billy Stewart's classic "Sittin In The Park(3)," which is real heavy on the disco slap bass: not the move. Really dope record for the "I'm not really into disco" heads, or people who actually remember McFadden and Whitehead.b,121b, 21h,121
font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121we hardly knew ye.

Comments