Burning seamless mixes??????????????

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Can anyone tell me for the life of me why no almost cd burning programs can burn seamless mixes? i-tunes can't... Roxio Easy CD Creator can't, and the funny thing is the old versions could! my new computer does not have it and i just discovered this trying to burn something... has the 20 miliseconnd rollover pause that makes mixes sound retarded...

Comments

• b,121b, 21You can do this in Itunes.b,121b, 21Open Itunes, go to preferences, advanced, burning. b,121b, 21Where it says audio gap between songs, select none. b,121b, 21Maybe you can do this on other programs but I don't know. I suck at computers. Thats why I have an Apple img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /1

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One thing that's weird is that I have made mixes in Itunes setb, 21for no pause, and on SOME players it will play seamless and othersb,121it will have pauses ... I was real unhappy when I burned up a bunchb,121of mixes that had played seamless on my computer and when I played itb, 21in the ride, *bam* there were little hitches between tracks ...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121One thing that's weird is that I have made mixes in Itunes setb, 21for no pause, and on SOME players it will play seamless and othersb,121it will have pauses ... I was real unhappy when I burned up a bunchb,121of mixes that had played seamless on my computer and when I played itb, 21in the ride, *bam* there were little hitches between tracks ... b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21yeah, i mean maybe it is an "itunes on a PC" problem, but i tried the "no pauses" thing in itunes and there were still these tiny tiny pauses that disrupt a mix... and i tried on at least 2 CD players to confirm... also, i am burning WAVS as some people have tried to blame the problem on burning MP3's...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    nero allows you to take the gaps out

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I use Roxio Toast when I need to kill gaps.

"take gaps out"b,121b, 21"kill gaps"b,121b, 21you guys aren't talking about any extra work, just dropping the WAVS from a pre-sliced seamless master into a burning program, right?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    No, no extra "processing". b,121b, 21In Toast, when you drag a bunch of audio files into the session window, the default gap between tracks is 2 seconds. I just change it to 0 seconds and everything segues seamlessly on all systems when playing the resulting CD.

so, does one need to buy toast or is there some demo version or something?

• CD architect is the shit...you record your mix, open the long ass wave and just place the cursor where you want the track to change, hit "t" at the places and burn...seamless mixes everytime...