I celebrate the Entire Catalogue

LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Pickwicks celebration of 1/2 the catalogue has brought to light the fact that 90% of artists usually flame/ sell out well before they gracefully leave the stage. What about the other 10%?b,121 Here's a few I can think of who always produced quality LP's, nomatter what:b,121b, 21Grant Green... hell, according to waxpo' he had a dog named Satan (Granted the one on Kudu is a little tepid... but shit that's the first one I ever copped)b, 21Anne Peebles, all her stuff on Hib, 21Roy Ayersb,121Willie Bobob,121Joe Bataan.........!b, 21Curtis Mayfield... even though the later stuff's a little soft, he's still Curtisb, 21Duke Pearsonb,121Hank Mobleyb,121Zeppelinb,121Jimib, 21Gil Scott-Heron ... I know his name was dropped on the other thread... but, Shit.

Comments

• This has been a thread here. I disagree w. the Zeppelin. "In through the out door" isnt that good.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/latte.gif" alt="" /1

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121This has been a thread here. I disagree w. the Zeppelin. "In through the out door" isnt that good. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21That's the beauty of celebrating the entire catalogue...things could get messy. And if this was already a thread pre-July... Sorry, let'r die a quick death