Record mailing supplies in the Bay Area

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Is there some place in the Bay Area that sells record mailing supplies?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Royalmailers.comb,121b, 21No 45 mailers though.

If you're gonna live here you CANNOT call San Francisco "San Fran" or "Frisco".

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121If you're gonna live here you CANNOT call San Francisco "San Fran" or "Frisco". b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I've heard/read this a couple times, what's the science? Dismembering the name of a Saint or what? Most places I've lived have nick names. Why is this place so uptight about it's name?b,121b, 21b/wb,121b, 21Is there SF approved nick names for San Francisco?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    that question pops up from time to time on this board but no one ever answers. i mean other than suggesting online sources. there are times when i'm out of mailers that i get online and need a handful more without waiting for shipping. i hit up a couple of record stores around the area who have some on hand, but would cost about $2 each!b, 21b, 21so yeah, i would also like to know if there is a spot in the bay who sells supplies in bulk.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121If you're gonna live here you CANNOT call San Francisco "San Fran" or "Frisco". b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21alot of my favorite sf rappers do.

Royalmailers is based in Emeryville. You can't just roll up to their warehouse I don't think, but you might be able to arrange a pick-up.b,121b, 21I mean, you can say "Frisco" or "San Fran" all you want I'm just warning you as a recent transplant that people will immediately tag you as an outsider. I don't really care (I'm from the East Bay and rarely go to the city) but the Bay is pretty judgemental and some people get real uptight about it.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Royalmailers is based in Emeryville.b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21boom!b, 21b, 21and i'm pretty sure br**n is from the east bay though.

Indeed, even though it's apparently not cool enough to live in Berkeley according to certain ex-residents img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /1

• Are Berzerkley and Oaktown locally approved? Knowledge me.

Okay now you are just trying to tet my gangster. No.

• spelunk is not playin. Everyone I know who is a "native"b,121of San Francisco (born and raised) hates those terms, preferring The city, The Sco, the Bay, or just plain San Francisco. I don't know how many times I've had to hear THE lecture about it. It's kind of silly but hometown pride is strong there.b,121b, 21Good to know about royalmailers.b,121b, 21PS-r*dn*y did you see that shanty structure in kalihi that collapsed? it's crazy.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Okay now you are just trying to tet my gangster. No. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I kid. Actually I'm just kind of interested in the history of this phenomenon...as a transplant (obviously.)

Yeah, I mean I don't speak for all social circles obviously but when those "The Town" shirts first started coming out my immediate reaction was "Aw hell no." I get the town reference (sh*t ain't no town, but whatever..) but having the industrial cranes as Oakland's landmark? Clearly an outsider's perspective from driving over the Bay Bridge towards the East Bay...b,121b, 21I also don't understand for the life of me what that whole "Oaklandish" thing with the tree was all about.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Yeah I'm form Berkeley. Never was a fan of the term Berzerkeley, and never heard any gripes about Frisco or San Fran either. People give me shit for saying hella all the time but I can't help it, it's in my blood. I like "The City" but I feel like it's too ambiguous for a lot of folks. b,121b, 21I'll try that royalmailers place and see if I can pick them up.

Berkeley high?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121PS-r*dn*y did you see that shanty structure in kalihi that collapsed? it's crazy. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21oh my god i just watched clips of that. i KNOW that house! my cousin lives two houses down from there. i'm glad no one got hurt/killed. shit that's fucked up to me is that tenants would pay $500 a room for that shit. the owner should get got. but that's k-town for you.b,121b, 21if anyone cares... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hijack.gif" alt="" /1b, 21object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' width='320' height='305' id='embeddedplayer'1param name='movie' value='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-honolulu-141-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf'/1param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/1param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/1param name='scale' value='noscale'/1param name='salign' value='LT'/1param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/1param name='wmode' value='window'/1param name='FlashVars' value='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=907888623&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannettvideo.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=gci-hi-honolulu.com&SSTSCode=news/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper136,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Honolulu:HonoluluAdvertiser&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=NEWS&pageContentSubcategory=NEWS01'/1embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-honolulu-141-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='embeddedplayer' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='articleplayer' height='305' width='320' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' scale='noscale' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' wmode='window' flashvars='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=907888623&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gcirm.gannettvideo.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=gci-hi-honolulu.com&SSTSCode=news/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper136,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Honolulu:HonoluluAdvertiser&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=NEWS&pageContentSubcategory=NEWS01'' /1/object1

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Berkeley high? b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21'98

• before I started making my own templates I used to buy from Arrow Paper...cheap and sturdy, hopefully they are still over there on 16th and s. van ness. They have storage spots in the east bay as well.b, 21b, 21b, 21frisco ~ erray

• DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE......like,,,,,,,,,,,,,what about Oaksterdam?@!?!??!?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121If you're gonna live here you CANNOT call San Francisco "San Fran" or "Frisco". b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I've heard/read this a couple times, what's the science? Dismembering the name of a Saint or what? Most places I've lived have nick names. Why is this place so uptight about it's name?b, 21b,121b/wb,121b,121Is there SF approved nick names for San Francisco? b,121b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21SF is full of elitists.b,121b,121img src="http://www.hayesvalleyshop.com/images/stores/laundromat/Laundromat-01.jpg"1

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    this info is much appreciated. plus they offer free shipping. sweet.