At the Echoplex in LA last night

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody else make it out to this?b,121b,121Did the routine of how the DJ's played their sets work for you?b,121b,121img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/selim1969/RedBull45Final.jpg"1b,121b, 21And what about Chemists one deck set with a load of effects pedals......

Comments

• This was a fun night overall. There were 4 dj's who played like round robin style records in 4 corners of the room all playing their unique style of 45s:b,121J.Roccb,121Milesb,121John Doeb,121Renatob,121b,121They all played little sets and then basically mixed every 4 minutes to a seperate set of decks in seperate corners of the room. It was an interesting concept. It worked but none of the dj's went outside of their "comfort zone" of usual records they would play. Some amazing stuff was played no doubt. I know John Doe broke out some never released acetates and some heavy heavy records. Miles brought the recognizable funk. J.Rocc rocked his quick mix steez. All-in-all a solid night.b,121b,121Cut Chemist was another thing. He rocked one turntable and a pedal set up in order to loop stuff. It was tough because his set up was on the floor and unless you were actually really paying attention to what he was doing, it was uneventful. He started his set by remaking Main Sources 'Looking at the Front Door' by looping the gwen mccrae and playing the sister nancy. b,121b, 21It's always nice to see someone pushing the envelope and he is guaranteed to always do just that.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Anybody else make it out to this?b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21My girl & I rolled up around 11pm and the line outside was at least 100+ people deep, chock full of the kind of hipsters I only read about while living in NC. We thought about it for about 5 seconds then got some latenight Thai instead. I found a stack of 70s rock mags & fanzines on the sidewalk so the night wasn't a total loss. b,121b, 21I should have taken your call earlier Gr*g! Thanks for the heads up anyway.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Cut Chemist was another thing. He rocked one turntable and a pedal set up in order to loop stuff. It was tough because his set up was on the floor and unless you were actually really paying attention to what he was doing, it was uneventful.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Yeah, why didn't they take that to the stage?