new mix, technical difficulties please help

whitelilywhitelily 155 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Hey old friends, b,121b, 21It's Whitelily here. I made a new mix, similar to my psych mix, but slightly more accessible and sans raer. It's about being an American at this crazy time in history, and I meant to release it before the election, but had to leave L.A. just before it was finished to go on location in the woods. I'm still in the woods and have the file, but not much technology besides my laptop and an internet connection at my disposal. Would still really like to make sure this gets out before the election, I feel it's time sensitive material. It's complete except that it's not broken up into tracks. I have a file here, it's 700 megs. I've never released anything online before, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me figure out how to compress it and host it without losing too much audio quality so I can release it this way, quickly and free for everyone. Can anyone help me do this so I can get this out right away and do my part to spread revolutionary sentiment before the election? b, 21b, 21Thanks in advance, b,121Lily

Comments

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Hey old friends, b,121b, 21It's Whitelily here. I made a new mix, similar to my psych mix, but slightly more accessible and sans raer. It's about being an American at this crazy time in history, and I meant to release it before the election, but had to leave L.A. just before it was finished to go on location in the woods. I'm still in the woods and have the file, but not much technology besides my laptop and an internet connection at my disposal. Would still really like to make sure this gets out before the election, I feel it's time sensitive material. It's complete except that it's not broken up into tracks. I have a file here, it's 700 megs. I've never released anything online before, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me figure out how to compress it and host it without losing too much audio quality so I can release it this way, quickly and free for everyone. Can anyone help me do this so I can get this out right away and do my part to spread revolutionary sentiment before the election? b, 21b, 21Thanks in advance, b,121Lily b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21I suspect someone has put their hand in the game to help you out. If not, I can help walk you through some easy steps to host.b, 21b, 21On a related note, my ipod just took a severe case for the worse and I lost the psych mix. I checked some of the older threads and all the old links to this mix have expired. Can anyone repoast this?b, 21b, 21-tate

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Heyb,121b, 21Reupping it now.b, 21It will take some time tob, 21post it due my slow connection.b, 21b, 21Peace

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Lily, your psyche mix is the stuff of legend. now on to business.b, 21b, 21we dont know what software you have, but mp3s that are 256K sound quite nice. So if you have anything that can make an mp3 out of your original file, it should have settings that can be adjusted to make the mp3 a 256K one. that mp3 should be about 1/6th the original files size, which you could upload to megaupload etc in not too much time. voila.b, 21b, 21if you have no software to make an mp3, its not impossible to upload the whole shebang, but you would have to start it, go to bed, and come back in the morning, cuz it will take forever. also you would need a sharing site acct that allows you to upload a 700MB file. Or access to someones ftp or mac drive space. Theres got to be some peeps on SS who have the space and are willing to help?

• Okay, thanks Karlophone, doing that now, if it works should have something up today. Thanks!

• ps--there's also a link to my psych mix from my myspace page: www.myspace.com/friscofrisco/a1

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Here's an alternative link to WhiteLily mix.b, 21b, 21 WhiteLily Mix/a1

• if you need a place to host it I have a .mac account and could help you out

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Holy smokes. A blast from the past.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It would be a massive unexpected bonus for a Tuesday morning to get a new Whitelily mix. I also have space to host if needs be.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    a new whitelily mix?b,121b, 21brilliant.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so i want to hear this thing...

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Lily, your psyche mix is the stuff of legend.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Seriously. Rented a houseboat in a remote rural area this past weekend, and it was your mix that was on my stereo while night fell over the river. Since i never got to thank you personally (the one Bambouch?? hooked me up)consider this my belated Thank You.b,121b,121///RC,b,121Hollandb, 21b, 21b, 21ps - bring on the new mix!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121so i want to hear this thing... b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="http://www-personal.umich.edu/~sundholm/whitelily2007b.jpg"1

• Hey guys, b,121b,121thanks for the positive response. I actually uploaded it and it sounded like such shit at the quality I could get it up there at, with the poor woods shit I'm working with out here in the middle of nowhere, that I decided I couldn't bear to release it that way. If anyone wants a preview, I put a clip up on my myspace, a href="http://www.myspace.com/friscofrisco." target="_blank"1www.myspace.com/friscofrisco./a1 I'll let you guys know when I get back to L.A. and get the CDs done proper. Thanks again for technical help and and general supportiveness.... : )

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Really can't wait to hear the whole thing as your first mix is still one of my all time faves!