New to the Strut? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I'm looking in the direction of the following folkers:coffinejoeloretta loinDJAckphantomAnd many others with low post counts. Time for introductions.Oh, and welcome.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Fagtillo?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    What about that jazzmack guy?

And does Fagtillo really need an introduction?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Fagtillo?

"allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is..."

• FAGTILLOFAGTILLO 33 Posts

• tiptoetiptoe 57 Posts
    Hi I live in San Fran spin mucho reggae and groom chin straps on occasion.
    My greatest dream is to go to my spiritual home, which is Jamaica.
    Holla!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    these new folks arent all that funny.

now puto_bong_bong, that dogg was funny.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Puto Bong Bong was a cheap TA immitation... now Superugly, that was funny...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    youre just saying that cuz they "put out". i know your game. youre like the american apparel dude of the record game. sick fuck.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    youre just saying that cuz they "put out". i know your game. youre like the american apparel dude of the record game. sick fuck.

We used each other. Love is a sick, twisted game.

I'll bet they're chucking over some tripe talkin bout, "HIM PENS SATSFY MANNY BICHES AND ALL THREE OF SUPERUGLY SAME TIME!"

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Guess I fit into this category.

I'm just a lil dude living in Toronto. Making beats in my spare time, mostly for fun. Been doing that for about 6 years or so. Music is my passion and basically keeps me sane.

I don't have deep crates like most of the people around here. I only started buying records about three years ago, and my 30k university debt + shitty current job = no money for records right now. I still buy occasionally... but man. It hurts. lol

But on the real, I'm just here because there's mad knowledge being dropped on a regular basis. Everybody here loves music, and that's a good thing.

If you're interested, you can peep my site at www.beatchemist.com. It's been in the midst of being redesigned for like... 6 months... I think I just need to get someone else to do it, because I'm slowly realizing that while I can code html and php just fine, I can't pull off a decent design theme to save my life.

Peaceinthemiddleeast!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

If you're interested, you can peep my site at www.beatchemist.com.

Already did that. Nice stuff! I like it a lot!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Peaceinthemiddleeast!

Don't go there.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

If you're interested, you can peep my site at www.beatchemist.com.

Already did that. Nice stuff!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I'm a semi-new-dude who never really introduced myself when I joined. Hello anyways.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I live in Richmond. Just moved here from philly. I have been buying records and djing for about 7 years. I get to dj here and there not as much as would like. I dont have a huge collection, but I have what I like. And I like what I have. I am perpetually working on a mix tape i will never finish, but if I do I will find a way to post it up. I have a boring job where I sit in at a desk all day so I use this site to kill time and learn more about records.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Hi I live in San Fran spin mucho reggae and groom chin straps on occasion.
    My greatest dream is to go to my spiritual home, which is Jamaica.
    Holla!

Ross?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Whats your point?

geddit?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Whats your point?

geddit?

yeah, I know.. lamest joke ever.

Its just that evening for me..

carry on.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Hey...
    I've been reading soulstrut for a couple years since my pal DJ Panzah Zandahz sent me a link to his ISH. I've made a few random posts, and its time I introduce myself.

I'm currently living in Brooklyn, pushing pixels at my desk job, and contributing to Dailysonic (doing music journalism/reviews etc). I've been collecting records/djing/making tunes for about five or six years, amateurishly. You can hear one of my tracks right here - it just got published in a PBS documentary series called 'Road Trip Nation'. I've got about 10 crates of records, looking to expand as much as my new apartment will allow. I dj'ed a lot upstate when I was in school, now I am aching to do some more in NYC.

adios-
    Aaron

BTW- if any of you beat makers/musicians out there have releases you'd like reviewed on Dailysonic, I'd love to hear em- we get about 2K listeners a day.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Hi! I live in Karlsruhe (Germany) and i am relatively new to the whole diggin' game.
    (Been buying Vinyl for maybe 2 years now) But since i'm only 21, i think i still got enough time to find every record i want. (Please don't tell me it ain't so...)

What else...?!? I don't make beats or have any clue of production. I'm just a listener who really likes the music.
    I started with (mostly german) hiphop but never got really deep into it. That's maybe because almost nobody from my friends liked hiphop. Then Someday a friend of mine made this tape from mp3s he found online (Kool and the Gang, Jackson Sisters, Chic, Indeep...) which was really cool at that time. (I think you would find stuff like that on those "Best of Funk" comps at HMV...)
    But from that day on i tried to find more stuff like that. First through some DJ Mixtapes then (with the names from the Playlist) on Soulseek.
    I think at that time i also found the-breaks which brought me pretty much knowledge
    (Artistnames, cool records etc..) and i started buying vinyl, too.
    Now i fully changed from the mp3 to the vinyl game. (I try to post some pics as soon as possible.)

?

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    review this.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Yeah um my name is spidey and uh.. i'm a beataholic. DJ/BBoy/Guitar/Singer/Drums/Nerd/Superhero. Finally decided to stop being such a lurker. I'm forever in the soulstrut soulseek room which seems to be dead. I love zombies, waffles, cult movies and slurpees. I'm the fucking slurpee king.

- spidey - oh and I do this for some reason. Force of habit.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    crazypoprock told me about this site a few years back when we were neighbors in carroll gardens, but i thought it was gay. i now have a job where i sit at a computer, so this site is no longer gay. i know some of the nyc cats on here in the real world, still trying to put faces to personas. anything else about me can be found on my website: axis chemicals

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Hi! I live in Karlsruhe (Germany) and i am relatively new to the whole diggin' game.
    (Been buying Vinyl for maybe 2 years now) But since i'm only 21, i think i still got enough time to find every record i want. (Please don't tell me it ain't so...)

What else...?!? I don't make beats or have any clue of production. I'm just a listener who really likes the music.
    I started with (mostly german) hiphop but never got really deep into it. That's maybe because almost nobody from my friends liked hiphop. Then Someday a friend of mine made this tape from mp3s he found online (Kool and the Gang, Jackson Sisters, Chic, Indeep...) which was really cool at that time. (I think you would find stuff like that on those "Best of Funk" comps at HMV...)
    But from that day on i tried to find more stuff like that. First through some DJ Mixtapes then (with the names from the Playlist) on Soulseek.
    I think at that time i also found the-breaks which brought me pretty much knowledge
    (Artistnames, cool records etc..) and i started buying vinyl, too.
    Now i fully changed from the mp3 to the vinyl game. (I try to post some pics as soon as possible.)

?

Ha, aus Karlsruhe! Willkommen an Bord! Ich war mal in Karlsruhe mit einem Soulstrutter um zu diggen!

There're funny stores in Karlsruhe. One with a guitar playing, cowboy-boot wearing owner that doesn't care much about his vinyl, the other one with lazy employees and many unsorted records in the back room. nothing too nice, but it was fun hanging out there.

ever went to pforzheim? there's a store called honky-tonk records. once bought a whole bunch of libraries from the owner. He doesn't know much about Jazz and Funk. His prices are steep though. I bought some nice ish last time. TNTH and other goodies...

welcome cHiller. Good to see some fellow Baden-W??rttemberger. I'm from Stuttgart?!Ever been there to dig for records? Need a hook-up?

• hello all...

i'm not really new here; i registered some time ago but i don't post very often...

still, i thought it would be polite to introduce myself.

Peaceinthemiddleeast!

Don't go there.

I've been sayin that for years... since before 9/11 and all that shit... it ain't political, it's just habitual.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

dear strutters,
    i just recently joined the site and i am already showing signs of addiction. the refresh button is getting quite a workout as i eagerly check for new humorous or knowledgable posts constantly. soulstrut is a much better addiciton than minesweeper, and it lessens my lonliness. i get excited as you reveal gems from your very deep crates and i laugh at your witty banter. i have lived in what seems like the 3 soulstrut meccas - LA, the bay, and NY - and i'm back to my hometown of la now trying to make it real big doing music supervision. it was nice meeting you.

Hey...
    I've been reading soulstrut for a couple years since my pal DJ Panzah Zandahz sent me a link to his ISH. I've made a few random posts, and its time I introduce myself.

I'm currently living in Brooklyn, pushing pixels at my desk job, and contributing to Dailysonic (doing music journalism/reviews etc). I've been collecting records/djing/making tunes for about five or six years, amateurishly. You can hear one of my tracks right here - it just got published in a PBS documentary series called 'Road Trip Nation'. I've got about 10 crates of records, looking to expand as much as my new apartment will allow. I dj'ed a lot upstate when I was in school, now I am aching to do some more in NYC.

adios-
    Aaron

BTW- if any of you beat makers/musicians out there have releases you'd like reviewed on Dailysonic, I'd love to hear em- we get about 2K listeners a day.

I'll send you my latest mix cd once it's got artwork done.

Checked the tune out on GarageBand. It's dope. Like the bass line a lot. The whole thing made me want to go back to making some more downtempo stuff like this. I used to make some stuff a lot like it.

It says something about remixes coming soon... think I could get some material and do a remix for you? PM me or just email me [email]kyle@beatchemist.com[/email]

review this.

Is that Dave Grohl on drums?

Admitedly... I like this a whole lot more than I should. Ending is beautiful.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not so much new as the third reincarnation. Been around here for two, three years but don't post so much now. Raj does a great job and there's still serious knowledge all over. Although not every day, obviously...