The SS No Spin Zone

2»

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Rock, not sure what your point is, I stopped reading a lot of KVH's posts a while ago. I think politics is obviously kind of a black art, and there's a big difference between campaigning and governing. I think that dutifully sticking to the 250K pledge is really, really good strategy, and if it helps him get elected, so be it. For instance, I agree with jlee that Obama's position on ethanol is a disappointing pander, and probably a bit disingenuous too. Can he keep the 250k pledge? I hope so, but I honestly think that right now, with our war, economy and health care situations, the sacrifices people make should go beyond going out and shopping. Especially people making 250k+. Anyway, sorry if I misunderstood your post Rock...b,121b,121Jleee, I think making the taxes more progressive is a pretty good strategy, especially since by all calculations I've seen, its the silver bullet to solve this "crisis". I just don't buy the idea that we must choose among different types of service cuts in order to save one of the most successful gov't programs of all time. I really do think its bullshit that once you get past 100k or so, the more you make, the less you pay (% wise)....