Removing pen/writing marks from labels

the_average_manthe_average_man 675 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done this successfully? And I don't mean using tippex/correction fluid on a white label!

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    you can try erasing putty, the grey stuff used for charcoal drawings, as its a bit less abrasive on paper but I've never tried. It all depends on what kind of ink it was. Although, if its just a plain white label you might try some diluted bleach in an ink well pen.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Pencil or grease pencil isn't usually too bad, but if it's ink anything you do to remove it is [i]probably/i1 going to end up making things look worse than if you'd just it alone.

• an art eraser would workb,121b,121happy birthday

• aha this was what I was unknowingly looking for, some kind of special artists tools of the trade. This warrants further investigationb,121b,121and cheers creamy

The problem with an erasure (even those art erasures) is that if there is any color on the label it's going to erase that too.

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121The problem with an erasure[/b] (even those art erasures) is that if there is any color on the label it's going to erase that too. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121erasure = eraser eraserb,121erasure eraserb,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    your best bet is to get an extra wide black marker and tag over it Thanks! -Raj from Soulstrut

Don't forget the little stars.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121aha this was what I was unknowingly looking for, some kind of special artists tools of the trade. This warrants further investigationb,121b,121and cheers creamy b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You can find a bit of further info in the first line of my first post.

• I mean everything mentioned thus far is worth looking into further.b,121b,121cheers all