WTF is up with ebay overseas shipping?

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Over the last few days I've bought records from overseas sellers who listed their shipping costs as FREE or $1. They say they had to do this because ebay completely messed up the ability to put in reasonable shipping costs. I guess this is the fallout from their recent spate of changes, including setting a ridiculously low max shipping amount. What do people see overseas? This is really annoying...

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    It's annoying to you as a buyer to not have to pay shipping fees?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It's annoying to you as a buyer to not have to pay shipping fees? b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121No, it's annoying because something happened to ebay (I don't know what) which made it impossible for overseas sellers to charge reasonable shipping. So when an auction closes they say "that will be $15" and I say "oh, I thought it was less/free." Now it's clear I have to read the fine print, but still, the system is FUBAR.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Oh I see. Yeah that's bullshit.b,121Seems tantamount to charging buyers with Paypal fees.b,121b,121As I see it eBay has tried to deter overseas sellers from selling on US eBay with the max $4 shipping rule. I assume this is some grand scheme of theirs to relegate sellers to their respective country's eBay site. Why I have no idea. Seems like another classic eBay move of turning left when they should of turned right.

• Apparently its because of some fuskup in Turbolister. I saw this on a sellers listings.b,121b,121b,121I'm really sorry. I had a big problem with "Turbo lister" when I have loaded my ads on ebay. It was impossible to give the shipping cost in the program ! So, I was forced to indicate (to show) 0.00 US$ in the box "shipping cost". I have asked to Ebay to remove clerical error but it seems difficult to do.b,121b,121So, you will see "FREE SHIPPING" in my ads, but I hope you will understand that is a big mistake. The start price of my records is 1 US $ with no reserve ! So, of course, I really can't take in charge the extra fees to ship the records. Transport is payable by the buyer. And will see the price list for each country (continent) just below, and in each ads.b,121b,121Sorry again for that (also for my bad english...). Thanks in advance for your understanding. It is not false publicity.