sketcherone vs ciara

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
a little sunday night remix for yall. pretty basic one. no tricks or technical BS. ciara - oh (sketcherone bboy remix)

Comments

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    finally ... some str8 B-Boy shit!
    oh ... fresh!!!

get at me DC!!!!!!!!!!

my wife gave birth last tuesday!!!

i'm still working on getting that 7" to you doggy!
    sorry

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I enjoyed this tremendously.

Is it true that Ciara has an enlarged pleasure nub????

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

my wife gave birth last tuesday!!!

oh snap! congrats dude!!! boy? girl? new producer under your wing?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Nice beat. You won.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Yo Ciara has the internet going nuts. Here's a Ciara remix I made last week for our desi gigs, using a 1200 and a Numark Axis 9 CD player. The backing is from 80s bollywood classic RANGEELA, remarkable for being A.R. Rahman's first film score.

Rangeela Step

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    BTW - good one, D*ve C*s!

Oh, forgot to add that this remix has SLAPS

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    SLAPS

=

the new "BLING"?

I mean it's cool and all, but I can't help but notice that it's a little like leather-based cologne: That is, the dudes that use it seem to really use it. Just saying.

I won't be able to listen to any of the audio until lunch, but meantimes, I will say this: I re-watched Style Wars the other day (the "b-boy" comments above made me think of this), and three things came up:

One, watching the SEEN of 1983 is like watching the SKETCH of 2013. Just a cool, ebullient dude whose manual has some extra pages.

Two, in one of the rooftop scenes, DONDI's talking about first feeling overwhelmed by the size of the trains in the yard, and says "You're just a little dude." So, you know, there it is.

Three, the other night, one of three Chicago dudes (either Dave, Zilla, or Luck--my memory fails me) said that the Eighth Element Of Hip-Hop is "recognizing all the elements." Maybe it's just because I was vaguely slizzered at the time, but that was the funniest shit I'd heard all week.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Please list all the elements up to #8.

I know five and six are security and catering, but #7?

#5 is beat-boxing--then security and catering. Clizzo just fronts because Buffy Robinson scooped his girl back when.

#5 is beat-boxing--then security and catering. Clizzo just fronts because Buffy Robinson scooped his girl back when.

this is correct

and it is I that said the 8th element of hip hop is not fearing the elements. this came about as mr. zulu positivity 4 elements tracked me down after Danny's:
    "Dude, we all one in the same city, unity, hip hop, you got breaks, i got breaks, 4 elements, love, blah blah"

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    i try and stay trunked.

steallo while slightly moody, and slightly slappy, this remix is seriously lacking a setting. unless it's one of those "practice" type things where 5 dudes dance alone in a empty loft. don't mean to pop your zip lock.

probably would sound good with 7 or 8 emcees on it though...

[/salt]

james: seen interview from 2003 changed my life.

this remix is seriously lacking a setting. unless it's one of those "practice" type things where 5 dudes dance alone in a empty loft. don't mean to pop your zip lock.

yeah. the setting probably isn't for your messy ass apartment. hater.

• SLAPS

=

the new "BLING"?

I mean it's cool and all, but I can't help but notice that it's a little like leather-based cologne: That is, the dudes that use it seem to really use it. Just saying.

I concur, if you haven't used at least TWO P's it makes nary a welt.
    You gotta smakk them 2's and 4's

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

a little sunday night remix for yall.
    pretty basic one. no tricks or technical BS.

ciara - oh (sketcherone bboy remix)

this is pretty cool.

SLAPS

=

the new "BLING"?

I concur, if you haven't used at least TWO P's it makes nary a welt.
    You gotta smakk them 2's and 4's

Sorry, I think I may have been unclear: what I meant is that--much like enthusiasts of the muskier frangrances (special shout-out to my Uncle Philip with the three-inch Italian horn necklace)--enthusiasts of this word tend to use it copiously.

And I finally listened to the track, and although I still don't think this broad could sing if she had Aretha Franklin stuck in her throat, that track bubbles nicely, with the restless drum quality we've come to expect. Big gasface to DHassle, though, for dissing messy-ass apartments. When I get home, I'm feeding your all your little 45s to the raccoons that live in my cabinets. Fucker.

zilla: I hear you. So many of the later-days interviews on that thing are revelatory. Some serious shit, for sure.